Major Caveat in Demo Mode for non-US Sites

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
moustafa
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Major Caveat in Demo Mode for non-US Sites

Post by moustafa » Sun May 20, 2012 6:18 am

Hi,

We are developing a site that is specific to a country other than the USA. It's still in demo mode. When doing a test with a live credit card (which can be done in demo mode, but the AVS will fail), I kept getting the following error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" from within the payment DLL. Since I don't have source code, I couldn't debug the exact problem. I spent two days programming around this and couldn't figure it out until I finally realized that in demo mode, AC changes the billing address to the USA, and we had removed this country b/c the particular site doesn't support it. :D As soon as I added the USA back to the site's accepted countries, credit card authorizations worked.

Well, I just hope this saves someone time one day.

On the other hand, if the nice folks at AC would change the demo mode code to ensure that it doesn't make any assumptions about available countries or regions, that would be great.

Regards,
Moustafa

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: Major Caveat in Demo Mode for non-US Sites

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 am

Ah... that's kind of an interesting quirk. It's too minor to patch backwards, but I'll fix it so in our future versions we don't have this problem.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.