Sales Summary Report question...

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
crazyjoe
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Sales Summary Report question...

Post by crazyjoe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 am

I run my sales summary report on a daily basis to check my site vs. the same date last year. My report from the prior year always has more orders then customers. Sometimes this makes sense as a customer could have ordered twice in the same day. But when I go to view my orders from that day in the order manager screen, I should be able to see that there are two or more orders for a single customer. I am not seeing that. In fact, my report from today said in the sales summary that there were 8 more orders then there were customers on this date last year. When I check my orders in my order manager and change dates to that same date, I see NO customers with multiple orders that day. How is this possible? Is the Customers metric referring to "New Customers"? I don't think it is. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas why this would be. I'm using Able 7.0.7

Thanks!
Crazy Joe Sadloski
Webmaster
Hot Leathers Inc.
http://www.hotleathers.com

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: Sales Summary Report question...

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Have you ever accepted orders from anonymous users? Or have you ever deleted a user account for any reason?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

crazyjoe
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by crazyjoe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Logan,

Yes, we have always allowed anonymous users. Nope, I have never deleted any user accounts.
Crazy Joe Sadloski
Webmaster
Hot Leathers Inc.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:04 pm

OK... so the anonymous user records probably account for the mismatch in your reports. Anonymous customers are not maintained permanently. A temporary account is created as a container to complete the checkout, but it is still considered to be an anonymous user by our system and gets scrubbed out after a certain time period.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

crazyjoe
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by crazyjoe » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:58 am

I see! Thanks Logan.
Crazy Joe Sadloski
Webmaster
Hot Leathers Inc.