Modifying MyOrder.aspx

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
vashts1980
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Modifying MyOrder.aspx

Post by vashts1980 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:57 am

I need to make some edits to the MyOrder.aspx page, however it doesn't appear that the content is actually generated on that page. What do I need to edit in order to make any necessary changes? The version is 7.0.7.

david-ebt
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Modifying MyOrder.aspx

Post by david-ebt » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

The main ConLib control is Conlib\MyOrderPage.ascx.

That control uses several child controls:

Conlib\OrderTotalSummary.ascx
Conlib\Breadcrumbs.ascx
Conlib\Utility\OrderItemDetail.ascx
Conlib\Utility\PayPalPayNowButton.ascx

That should give you access to everything on the MyOrder page.
David
http://www.ecombuildertoday.com
Enhanced Reporting for AbleCommerce

vashts1980

Post by vashts1980 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Excellent, thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

deverill
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by deverill » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:52 am

David, you've been around long enough you probably know this but I thought I'd throw it out if any new users see this question.

It is common practice to copy all ConLibs you change to a subfolder: ConLib/Custom and then making changes there. You have to go to the page that uses the ConLib as an Admin and at the bottom select Edit Page and point the scriptlet to Custom/conlibname.

This keeps your originals safe and lets you play without losing the way it was originally.
Jim Sewell - Web Programmer
Trusted Tours & Attractions

vashts1980

Post by vashts1980 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 am

That is not something I have done, however, I make a copy and edit that copy on a local machine and then upload it back into the ConLib folder after renaming the original. I also have a full backup copy of the original files. Just to be safe.

I don't know if anyone else takes my approach, but I agree with the intended result, of having the custom files while still preserving the unchanged originals.

david-ebt
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by david-ebt » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Jim is right. Putting your customized ConLibs into the Custom folder is best practice. You can quickly identify your code from the original code and you always have the original code on the server.

One other benefit of putting your customized code into Custom is that when you perform an update from Able you don't have to worry about your code being overwritten. You will still need to compare the new version of any updated controls to your control to make sure you get any new features or bug fixes incorporated into your version. But you don't lose your customizations.
David
http://www.ecombuildertoday.com
Enhanced Reporting for AbleCommerce