Accounting Software - Does anything integrate well?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
illyrianmoon
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Accounting Software - Does anything integrate well?

Post by illyrianmoon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi there,

I see that this question has been asked in the past, but I'm going to put it out there again: Is there any online accounting software that can be integrated well with AC? We're currently using NetSuite, and the monthly costs are very high. We've also been doing a custom integration with a 3rd party over the past year and more, and the cost of that, plus the upkeep from Netsuite upgrades, etc. has gotten to be extremely expensive. We're willing to pay good money for a good product, but the ongoing costs of Netsuite, plus integration, seems to be a financial black hole. Does anyone know of a good alternative system? We'd also need to move 7 years worth of accounting data over, but the primary concern is AC integration. I don't suppose there's anything out there that's going to be "plug and go", but are there any good 3rd-party addons that merge rather seamlessly with some holy-grail-esque accounting software? :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Crazziee
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Re: Accounting Software - Does anything integrate well?

Post by Crazziee » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:52 pm

We are using GP but it took some heavy customizing to get it to work.

etasp
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by etasp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 am

Hi
I totally sympathise with your situation, I nearly made the same mistake myself going with Netsuite.

I assume that you are USA based and an SME (i.e. not a small setup), so it needs to be a USA Accounts system. Stay away from the big boys like MS NAV, MS GP, SAP etc - what you need is a 'modern' customisable system. I would consider comtechsolutions.com (which integrates with AC already) or interprisesolutions.com. Essentially I took a UK Account system that had the source code available and build the import/sync into the webstores, far, far cheaper and with more flexibly that could have been done via MS NAV, MS GP, SAP etc

Good luck :)

WylieE
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by WylieE » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 am

I must wave a huge red flag for VisionCore (Comtech Solutions). We wasted several years while they tried to get their integration to work. Unless they've MASSIVELY re-worked their solution in the last year, I'd strongly recommend against them. We're talking bugs that deleted large portions of data on our live site.

We also tried eBridge Connections and dumped them after a few months work. They completely oversold their solution and could not meet our core requirements.

It wasn't my choice, but our management selected Quickbooks Enterprise. AbleMods (Joe) has an integration tool that worked for us straight out of the box. It doesn't handle order changes, but it got us working. Two thumbs up for him.
Eric Wylie
Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc.
http://www.warmoth.com