Pay Balance link on Email

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
kwikstand
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Pay Balance link on Email

Post by kwikstand » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 am

Does anybody know if there is a way to have a "Pay Now" link in the customer email to take them right to their order page where they can make payment?

It would be easier than having them manually log-in and then have to click "Account" link, and then view order. It seems that people sometimes have a problem with that and then they call me, at which time I might as well take their info over the phone anyway. Anything to make it easier for the customer is good.
Contractor's Solutions
www. contractors-solutions.net

Mizmo67
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Pay Balance link on Email

Post by Mizmo67 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi!

Put this in your email:

<a href="${store.StoreUrl}Members/PayMyOrder.aspx?OrderNumber=$order.OrderNumber&OrderId=$order.OrderId"><b>Pay Order Now</b></a>

I like this better myself and we'll be using it now, too.
~Mo
~Mo

Maureen Albertson
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts LLC
Contact Me Via Store Website
Ablecommerce Gold R11 Catalog LIVE

kwikstand
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kwikstand » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks for your input. I will be doing that at some point. I have been very busy with other aspects of my website as well as my blog.

One thing in regards to payment though. It would be nice if the customer can log in and choose / edit theitr payment method. Sometimes I enter orders for cusomers because they are custom pricing or shipping or something. I ask the customers to review it on their end and submit payment, but they can't choose or edit the method.
Contractor's Solutions
www. contractors-solutions.net

Mizmo67
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by Mizmo67 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi,

When you are keying an order in from the admin side, there is a payment option "Defer Payment" which basically leaves it completely blank. This way, when they click on the Pay now link in the email, after logging in they will have all payment options available.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts LLC
Contact Me Via Store Website
Ablecommerce Gold R11 Catalog LIVE