Asset Manager won't open directories uploaded by FTP

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
jdarby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Asset Manager won't open directories uploaded by FTP

Post by jdarby » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm adding some new products (some of which have many variants/images) so I decided to FTP them to the Assets/ProductImages folder instead of upload one by one. When I browse Asset Manager and click on the folder I uploaded, nothing happens. Images/directories that were previously existing work just fine.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Asset Manager won't open directories uploaded by FTP

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:26 am

Hello,

I'd guess that the directory created by ftp isn't passing along the permissions needed by the asp.net user to access the directory. Do you get the same results if you create the folder first in AbleCommerce, then upload to the folder. Can you see the images then?
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

jdarby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by jdarby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Shopping Cart Admin wrote:Hello,

I'd guess that the directory created by ftp isn't passing along the permissions needed by the asp.net user to access the directory. Do you get the same results if you create the folder first in AbleCommerce, then upload to the folder. Can you see the images then?
ah ha! I created the folder in the Asset Manager and then uploaded the file and it opens. Looks like the folder needs to be created from within AC and then it can be used. I also tried creating the root folder in AC, creating a subfolder within Windows and copying an image into it. This worked perfectly, so it looks like creating the root folder outside of Asset Manager is causing the problem.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:22 am

We have never had that problem- maybe your security permissions on the server were not set to propagate down?
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx