USPS changes again 2013?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
dee123
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

USPS changes again 2013?

Post by dee123 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 am

Anyone have a fix for this? We are trying to add First Class Parcel shipping to our service and of course, nothing is showing up in the cart at checkout. I applied both patches from 2011 and 2012. and still nothing. We are on 7.03. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!! :)

ChipWV
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Re: USPS changes again?

Post by ChipWV » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Just an FYI,

This still doesn't work with the newest Able USPS services update. I still get the old First Class Package option in the drop down for services.

Here is the version info:
AbleCommerce 7.0.6 build 14312 (never upgraded)
CommerceBuilder.USPS: 7.3.14320.0

I may have found the problem. AC instructions say"
For AbleCommerce versions 7.0.0 through 7.0.6

1. Upgrade your CommerceBuilder.USPS.dll

2. Use same instructions and download for version 7.0.7

Confirm that you have the latest CommerceBuilder.USPS.dll version 7.3.14358.0. If you need to obtain this version of the DLL, then you can find it here.

Then you can follow instructions below to "Update the USPS service names".
It says use "CommerceBuilder.USPS: 7.3.14358.0." But when you follow the link "here" it takes you to the download for "CommerceBuilder.USPS: 7.3.14320.0"

I can not find a good link to download CommerceBuilder.USPS: 7.3.14358.0
Cold this be why UPS won't display negotiated rates too?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 am

UPS Negotiated rates-One reason you won't see them is because you have to send a userid that UPS gives you with the rate quote request and Able creates one automatically when you add the gateway.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:31 am

The link in the document is correct, but I had a typo on the dll version for older 7.0 to 7.0.6 builds.
It is corrected now, and here is a direct link to the doc -
http://help.ablecommerce.com/upgrades/a ... s_2013.htm

Sorry for the confusion!
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Chip - Make sure you haven't left a backup copy of the CommerceBuilder.usps.dll file in the bin folder of your installation. Sometimes people will rename these files to something else prior to installing a patch. If another version of the dll is even in the folder it will still be loaded up and will interfere with the newer version.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Katie,

Your response indicates that this was only a typo in the version number of the correct DLL that should be used. So in fact, I and the two respected developers (Joe Payne & Judy Estep) that also reported this problem, were using the correct DLL all along. The DLL for version’s 7.0 thru 7.0.6 is not reading the “uspsmethods.csv” file that the Admin interface uses for setup. I suggest someone compare “CommerceBuilder.USPS.dll version 7.3.14358.0” with “CommerceBuilder.USPS.dll version 7.3.14320.0” and figure out why the former reads the uspsmethods.csv file and the later does not.

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:Hi Chip - Make sure you haven't left a backup copy of the CommerceBuilder.usps.dll file in the bin folder of your installation. Sometimes people will rename these files to something else prior to installing a patch. If another version of the dll is even in the folder it will still be loaded up and will interfere with the newer version.
Hi Logan,

I double checked, no renamed copy in the directory.

Thanks
Chip

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: USPS changes again 2013?

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello All,

There seems to be an underlying issue with the older dll's already in distribution which were not reading the .csv file, which went unnoticed all year. Here's some internal communications:

Katie

I can't even fathom how this went undetected for over a year.

> The DLL for version’s 7.0 thru 7.0.6 is not reading the “uspsmethods.csv” file

This is a true statement. I went to double check the code before offering any further ideas and was shocked that this problem has been in effect for all of 2012.

For 7.0.3 and higher installs, they actually should be using 7.3.14358. I believe we can get this corrected without any code changes - it's just a matter of distributing the more up to date DLL that is present in AC7.0.7. For the 7.0.0 through 7.0.2 versions I still have to investigate. Those installs may require a new version of the DLL to be prepared.

Logan
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Attached is version 7.3.14358 of the CommerceBuilder.USPS.dll file. This DLL should be valid for anyone using AbleCommerce 7.0.3 and higher. Putting it in place will allow the updated service definitions to be read.

I still haven't determined how this was missed for an entire year. Possibly the service definitions encoded in the DLL were mostly right for 2012, but the change to Parcel Post was a critical change for 2013.

EDIT: Attachment removed in favor of publicly posted patch at http://help.ablecommerce.com/upgrades/a ... s_2013.htm
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 pm

HI Judy,

Thanks for weighing in on the UPS negotiated rates issue. I had found these to posts in another thread
if you open up the table ac_ShipGateways
you will see something like this in the ConfigData

UseDebugMode=False&UserId=xxx&Password=xxx&AccessKey=xxx&ShipperNumber=&CustomerType=0&UseInsurance=False&UseTestMode=True&AccountActive=False&EnablePackageBreakup=True&MinPackageWeight=0.1&MaxPackageWeight=150&TestModeUrl=https%3a%2f%2fwwwcie.ups.com%2fups.app%2fxml%2f&LiveModeUrl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.ups.com%2fups.app%2fxml%2f&TrackingUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwwwapps.ups.com%2fWebTracking%2fprocessInputRequest%3ftracknum%3d%7b0%7d%26AgreeToTermsAndConditions%3dyes

make sure that in the configdata string: ShipperNumber=
is populated with your account number other wise you will not get Negotiated Rates.
and the response by you was
We ran into two problems with that- the entry is encrypted on a live store with SSL turned on.
Also, if anything was changed in the admin for the gateway, that entry was updated and broken again.
Indeed, mine are encrypted too, as expected. Are there any current Wiki articles or help files that show a solution? I haven't found anything that looks current.

Thanks
Chip

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:I still haven't determined how this was missed for an entire year. Possibly the service definitions encoded in the DLL were mostly right for 2012, but the change to Parcel Post was a critical change for 2013.
I think most of us have been manually fixing it in the database directly for the last year. My main problem shipping method was the change in First Class Package to First Class Parcel. When I saw a new version and instructions I thought maybe I'd fix any error I was making while trying to implement the newest version. When that didn't work either, I looked closer at the instructions and saw the version number error and thought might have been the problem all along, but no, it was just a typo.

If you read back through the thread, you'll see that many people have run through the update process multiple times with no success.
[Edit]If you read through this tread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=16066 you'll see many people reporting this problem[/Edit]

Thanks, glad to see this getting cleared up.
Chip
http://www.OVISonline.com
Last edited by ChipWV on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:Attached is version 7.3.14358 of the CommerceBuilder.USPS.dll file. This DLL should be valid for anyone using AbleCommerce 7.0.3 and higher. Putting it in place will allow the updated service definitions to be read.

I still haven't determined how this was missed for an entire year. Possibly the service definitions encoded in the DLL were mostly right for 2012, but the change to Parcel Post was a critical change for 2013.
The 7.3.14358 version causes the edit methods page to throw a 500 error.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I just installed a fresh copy of AC706, configured the original USPS shipping methods, then applied 7.3.14358 version of the DLL attached above. I also installed the latest uspsmethods.csv file. It seemed to take effect. I was able to access the edit shipping method page as well as the configuration page for USPS. If you can include the details of the error I can provide some further assistance.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:00 pm

It just sends me here:

Code: Select all

http://www.domain.com/Errors/GeneralError.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Admin/Shipping/Methods/EditShipMethodProvider.aspx

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm

ChipWV wrote:It just sends me here:
I'll need you to turn off custom error messages long enough to get the real error. First find the file web.config in the root of your website. Open it up in a text editor and locate this line:

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="~/Errors/GeneralError.aspx">
Change it so that custom errors are off:

<customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="~/Errors/GeneralError.aspx">
Save the file then go back and recreate the problem. This time it should give you a more meaningful message and we can go from there.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm still getting a 500 error with custom errors turned off. Here's what I get from the log file now:

1/30/2013 2:58:46 PM Error An error has occured at https://www.domain.com/Admin/Shipping/M ... ethodId=32 Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.; Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1/30/2013 2:58:07 PM Warn Could not obtain provider instance for 'USPS Express Mail'. Instance is null.
1/30/2013 2:58:06 PM Warn Could not obtain provider instance for 'First-Class Mail (2-3 days)'. Instance is null.
1/30/2013 2:58:06 PM Warn Could not obtain provider instance for 'Priority Mail (3-4 Days)'. Instance is null.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm

1/30/2013 2:58:06 PM Warn Could not obtain provider instance for 'First-Class Mail (2-3 days)'. Instance is null.
1/30/2013 2:58:06 PM Warn Could not obtain provider instance for 'Priority Mail (3-4 Days)'. Instance is null.
These lines seem to indicate there is some trouble loading or creating the USPS provider. Do you have access to the database? If so can you connect to it and run this query, then let me know the full values that are returned?

SELECT ClassId FROM ac_ShipGateways WHERE ShipGatewayId IN (SELECT DISTINCT ShipGatewayId FROM ac_ShipMethods)
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Here you go Logan. This is a new problem since we upated the DLL. It was working fine before that, I just had to manually change the DB to reflect Parcel.

CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.USPS.USPS, CommerceBuilder.USPS
CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS, CommerceBuilder.UPS
CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.FedExWS.FedExWS, CommerceBuilder.FedExWS

I also checked the ShipGateways table and all gateways, Enabled=True

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Do you have a copy of the prior DLL to put back into place? If not let me know and I can get it to you.

Something is not adding up. Everything so far has appeared configured correctly. Are you using .NET 2 or .NET 4?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi Logan,

I have reverted to the 320 DLL and USPS rating works again as expected.

It looks like the server is running .NET 3.5 I'm guessing this needs to be updated?

Thanks
Chip

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm not sure... I just asked to look for any clue as to why there was a difference. I am running .NET 4 so this gives me an avenue to investigate.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi Logan,

I was planning or upgrading to .NET4 anyway, as I recall I have to do that to resolve the IE10 Win 8 checkout issue.

Thanks
Chip

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi Logan,

I installed .NET 4 last night, installed the 358 DLL this morning and the USPS shipping methods quit working. I Re-installed the 320 DLL and it fired right back up.

Thanks
Chip

GMWebmaster
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by GMWebmaster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:59 pm

I can't get the new USPS names/rates to load yet. I am running 7.0.3 on a 2003 server and have switched back and forth between the two DLL versions several times with no luck. Now I get an error that says, "Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster." Any ideas on how to fix this software so that it runs again without errors and will update the correct USPS shipping names?

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm

ChipWV wrote:Hi Logan,

I installed .NET 4 last night, installed the 358 DLL this morning and the USPS shipping methods quit working. I Re-installed the 320 DLL and it fired right back up.

Thanks
Chip
I don't think it is related to .NET since I knocked mine down to .NET 2.0 and it didn't have any issue. If you haven't already could you download from the official help link just in case something got corrupted on my upload to this forum thread?

http://help.ablecommerce.com/upgrades/a ... s_2013.htm
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com