USPS changes again 2013?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
GMWebmaster
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: USPS changes again 2013?

Post by GMWebmaster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Disregard on my previous post. I went to the link immediately above and downloaded / reinstalled those files and things are as they should be again.

ChipWV
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by ChipWV » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:14 pm

I don't think it is related to .NET since I knocked mine down to .NET 2.0 and it didn't have any issue. If you haven't already could you download from the official help link just in case something got corrupted on my upload to this forum thread?
No joy Logan. I didn't think that was it, as the first time I tried it was from an attachment FredM had sent me. Was worth a shot anyway.

Thanks
Chip

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 pm

OK I am going to try on another server. If GMWebmaster's post above is accurate than that would be another instance of it working on 7.0.3. We just need to figure out what is different here.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Take a look at this thread from the 2012 update, lots of people and two developers couldn't figure it out either.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=16066

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 pm

The 2012 problem was identified earlier this week. The earlier version of CommerceBuilder.USPS was not reading in from the uspsmethods.csv file containing the updated definitions. That's why we had to update the patch and help site. It's that updated version that seems to have trouble in your environment.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

DBounlom
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by DBounlom » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 pm

As ChipWV noted, there was a forum post in early 2012 where I wrote about the 2012 update not working for me.

Logan - You did try to help solve the problem in the forum post with me, but I guess you got to busy to see it through. =( I did apply the 2013 update, and it works well. I am glad this is finally solved!

jonw2m
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by jonw2m » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am

When I install this new DLL patch on my website, will my current integration for USPS be overwritten? Will it reset the integrations User Name and Password? Also, will I have to go back and reset zones and groups?

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:49 pm

jonw2m wrote:When I install this new DLL patch on my website, will my current integration for USPS be overwritten? Will it reset the integrations User Name and Password? Also, will I have to go back and reset zones and groups?
It will not reset the integration, nor will you have to reset zones and groups. It's a small patch to the assembly so it can load current service names from the included csv file. Everything else about it is identical to what you have now.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com