Running both AbleCommerce and WordPress

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
TL2012TLee
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Running both AbleCommerce and WordPress

Post by TL2012TLee » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Are we allowed to install and run Wordpress on the same server as our AbleCommerce shop website? Will this cause compliance issues and go against AbleCommerce rules & regulations? We love the tech support we get from you guys, so I want to make sure we don't interfere. Any advice, suggestions will be appreciated!

mikek
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Running both AbleCommerce and WordPress

Post by mikek » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Yes, you can have WordPress under separate Application Folder in IIS or under a separate subdomain. We have several clients
running Wordpress under their Ablecommerce application domains with no issues.

There are no PCI compliance issues related to this setup because Wordpress is separate application with separate database and worker process.
Mike Kolev

TL2012TLee
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by TL2012TLee » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 am

Thanks mikek!
Please see below. Can I have the RED area (header & footer) wordpress and the NON-RED area able commerce with customization and still be compliant?
able.jpg
Also, can the home page (index.php) be just wordpress and the other category and sub-category pages be ablecommerce and/or ablecommerce + wordpress like I described above?

Thanks!

mikek
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mikek » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:40 pm

You can run AbleCommerce in a iframe within Wordpress, but I do not see any practical reasons for doing that. If you want to set up a blog related
to your AbleCommerce storefront under http://www.yoursite.com/blog or blog.yoursite.com then Wordpress install make sense.
Mike Kolev

TL2012TLee
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by TL2012TLee » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:40 pm

I see...
I am trying to use wordpress in conjunction with ablecommerce. Use some widgets and plugins that wordpress has with ablecommerce shop cart system.

For instance, can I install wordpress on the server, so the home page (www.mysite.com/index.php) shows only wordpress, but when you go to another page (www.mysite.com/myproduct.aspx), then it becomes ablecommerce?

kwikstand
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kwikstand » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 am

I am glad to hear that Worpress WILL run on the same server as Able. I thought that was not the case, so I am using BlogEngine, a .NET based blog. Maybe I will think about switching. I don't know how I would retain all the same old URL's though.
Contractor's Solutions
www. contractors-solutions.net

mikek
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mikek » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:39 am

Yes, running both AbleCommerce and Wordpress under the same domain is not a problem. You would need to install PHP/MySQL on the same server and configure the wordpress application as
asp.net application folder under separate application pool. You can configure both www.mysite.com/blog and blog.mysite.com.

TL2012TLee: Yes, you can have your main site running under Wordpress and then set up AbleCommerce under a subfolder like www.mysite.com/store/myproduct.aspx
Mike Kolev