Help: Sold More than InStock

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
moustafa
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Help: Sold More than InStock

Post by moustafa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 am

Hi,

We sell clothing and track variants. It works like a charm pretty much all of the time. You set the inventory count to 1, for example, for a particular colour/size of an item, and, once 1 of them are sold, you can no longer buy it.

However, last week, we double sold an item with an inventory count of 1. (The orders are about 10 hours apart.) I checked the raw HTTP logs (to see if anyone edited the product and modified its inventory count), the application log, and even the server system log to see if there was a MS SQL error. I couldn't find anything at all. I tried reproducing the problem by putting the item into the cart of two different browsers and then checking out. At the very last stage of checkout, I would get an error saying the item was sold out (i.e. the correct behaviour). The first order was paid by Visa and the second was paid by PayPal Express checkout. I tried to reproduce this scenario and even used the same browsers, with no luck.

Both orders that bought this single item were from Germany. I don't think this could be due to some extremely aggressive ISP cache in Germany, but I'm at wits' end as to what else it could be.

Help!

Thanks,
Moustafa

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Help: Sold More than InStock

Post by Katie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Moustafa,

It sounds like you've really tried to track down the problem. I have to wonder if you are using the latest version and build. In the past, there were a couple of inventory issues in older version. If you can check the Help > About page, I might be able to check the help site to see if this is a bug.

Thanks,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 pm

I have had this same issue over the years and is why a inventory audit system would be very helpful.

moustafa
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by moustafa » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your response. We're running VERSION: 7.0.4.13424.

We did have this problem appear frequently with a site running an older version of AC, but, in that case, the app log clearly spelled out that there was a problem adjusting inventory for certain orders. We submitted a paid support ticket to AC and they produced a new DLL which solved the problem.

For this site, the problem occurs very rarely and there's no error in the app log.

Thanks.