User Account Disabled Often

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
gdelorey@mitcs.com
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

User Account Disabled Often

Post by gdelorey@mitcs.com » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:04 am

Hi -

We have a user account solely used for integrating with the Shipper product (from Web2Market) to retrieve shipments and post back information to the store. The past few days, the user account we are using to run the service has been getting disabled in the store. My thinking is that someone or something is trying to log in as this user and after 3 attempts locking it out, but the Error Logs do not show failed login attempts. I did look directly at the DB table for users and the last failed login attempt for the user was in 2012.

Is there anything else that could be causing user accounts to become disabled?

Thanks,
Greg

ForumsAdmin
AbleCommerce Moderator
AbleCommerce Moderator

Re: User Account Disabled Often

Post by ForumsAdmin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 am

Maintenance service will disable accounts in the admin group that remain inactive for 6 months. The default inactivity period is 6 months but you can configure a different setting in Password Policy section.

I think the shipper product is accessing AC via some service that is bypassing the standard AbleCommerce login and therfore the user's activity is not detected. As a result the user is considered inactive and is disabled.