Potential issue during checkout on IE11

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Potential issue during checkout on IE11

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:21 am

Hello Everyone,

We've just received a report of a potential issue with IE 11 under Windows 7 during checkout, it appears to be be the same basic issue as with IE10 that Asp.Net isn't recognizing IE 11 as IE :)

We've yet to confirm this with 100% certainty, but it initially appears that the following patch corrects the issue in Asp.Net 4.0.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2836939/en-us

If anyone else is able to confirm this please let us know.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Re: Potential issue during checkout on IE11

Post by NC Software » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:02 am

And again I ask - what would it take for AC to get 7.0.7 up to .NET 4.5 compat? Some of us don't want to go to GOLD and we are active subscription holders entitled to updates.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

dynami2
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by dynami2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:21 pm

We had confirmed IE10 issues and read about similar issues with IE 11

We implemented two fixes:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/BugAndFix ... ition.aspx

&

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600088

Hard for us to test...

olivenation
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by olivenation » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:17 am

I am a little bit shocked. I found out this week (simply because customers started to complain) that the Add to Cart button on our site does not work for IE11. BUt I assumed this problem just cropped up. It seems from this forum that instead the problem has been around since NOv 12. So why didn't somebody in Able Commerce fix the problem in the last few weeks and release a patch for everyone?

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:52 am

AbleCommerce wants us to "migrate" to GOLD but many of us are scared to do so. In fact Able doesn't even run GOLD on their site. Yes, this needs to be fixed. It's crazy and negligent not to as many of us will remain on 7.0.7 because it is trustworthy and reliable.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:07 pm

You all should be keeping your servers updated. The latest IE issue was fixed by standard Microsoft updates. The older (last year) IE10 issue included a patch, which is published at our help site and was also announced via the Dashboard alerts section and email.

We are in the process of upgrading our own site to use Gold. We are really excited to do so, and I'm looking forward to the new interface and features. It's taken so long because we have a major customization with a CRM integration, so that is the ONLY reason why our own upgrade was delayed. I have not seen a major bug report come in for months now, so after a year of development, I'd say that it is definitely more reliable than the first few releases.

We are not developing two different versions of AC simultaneously. When a major version is released, this is what you get with your subscription. We don't continue adding features to the version that was replaced. IF there are any major software defects, then yes, you would also get a patch for the older version, but we do not add features to older versions. That is not part of your subscription Neal.
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

deverill
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by deverill » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm not as much an advocate for an upgrade to .NET 4.5 as NC Software is ... shoot, we have one store in .NET 2.0 (scary, I know). I did want to say that AC is not the only ones slow to go to GOLD because of customizations. Our store sells tours. Our tickets are delivered electronically and our needs are quite unique. As such our stores are massively customized. It took us 6 months-ish to go from AC5 to AC7 and we had outside contractors helping. Most use variants for small - yellow shirts. We use Variants to show different prices on the same tour to our vendors based on their log-in and commission rate. It's been brutal, exciting, fun, frustrating, and a whole bunch of other emotions but in all it's been good!

I said all that to say that since we have so much custom code it is darned scary to think of going to GOLD now. Everything will have to be rewritten... all our conlibs as well as other customizations that are not compatible. From what I hear, none of the code we have will work because of things like renaming Token.Instance. This means that we will have to start with a blank store and rebuild from scratch all our modifications that are necessary for our store to work.

Because of this we are not looking fondly at the prospect of upgrading and greatly appreciate any fixes that are given for significant issues that come down the pike like inability to run the latest IE.
Jim Sewell - Web Programmer
Trusted Tours & Attractions