Shipping

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
SkylineTech
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Shipping

Post by SkylineTech » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:38 pm

We have a customer who sells wholesale to distributors.

The distributors what the ability to enter their own shipping number for FedEx and UPS as part of their order. The retailer wants the website to validate that the shipping number provided is valid.

Has anyone done this or something similar in the past?

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Shipping

Post by compunerdy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:39 pm

I have customers that use their own shipping accounts.. I just set up a new shipping option that says "bill to xxx ups account" for each customer and assign that shipping option to that user group.

SkylineTech

Post by SkylineTech » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:06 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll run it by our customer. If I understand your suggestion correctly, the customer would need to create a user group for for each shipping account.

I'm not sure it will be a practical solution due to the number of distributors buying through the site.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 am

I am pretty sure they would need to take each customer and assign them to a user group and then create a shipping service for each one and assign it to the same user group. There might be a easier way but I only have this setup for a few so I never really looked that hard at it.