Error creating sitemap

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
efficiondave
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Error creating sitemap

Post by efficiondave » Mon May 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Using version 7.0.7, when I try to create my sitemap I get the following error on screen:
"We are sorry, but the page you are trying to access has experienced an error.
Please contact us to report this problem."

Any idea what might be causing this?

Looking at the logs I see this:

ERROR 2014-05-05 17:26:42,182 56155980ms Object a - An error has occured at https://www.mysite.com/Products/Admin/W ... teMap.aspx
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Exception: D:\hosting\member\efficion\clients\mysite\SiteMapNew.xml ---> System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
at CommonSiteMapProvider.DoSiteMap(SiteMapOptions options, Boolean compress, List`1& messages)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at CommonSiteMapProvider.DoSiteMap(SiteMapOptions options, Boolean compress, List`1& messages)
at Admin_Website_CommonXMLSiteMap.Create()
at Admin_Website_CommonXMLSiteMap.SiteMapActionButton_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.admin_website_commonxmlsitemap_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

efficiondave
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Error creating sitemap

Post by efficiondave » Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Taking a quick look at my post I noticed that the error referenced a non-existing path:
System.Exception: D:\hosting\member\efficion\clients\mysite\SiteMapNew.xml ---> System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.

I haven't had a path of D:\hosting\member\efficion\clients\ in a long time.

Anyone know where it might be pulling the file system path from?

efficiondave
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by efficiondave » Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 pm

I found it! There was a reference to this in the wiki article on how to move an AbleCommerce Installation:
http://help.ablecommerce.com/faqs/ablec ... ation_.htm

NOTE: If you have previously created a feed and then moved the database, you will need to manually modify the path to the feed file as follows.
In the database, there is a table called "ac_StoreSettings"
Within this table is a column for "CommonSiteMap_SiteMapDataPath".
It will have the path to your original server.
It needs to be changed to the new path of the target server.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed May 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for keeping the post updated and letting everyone know the answer!

Take care,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

efficiondave
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by efficiondave » Wed May 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Happy to post my findings. It took me a couple hours to track this down so perhaps this will save someone else some time.

I'm not sure if this is better handled in Gold but it if not, the error handling needs to be improved. At the very least, it should generate a more specific error that is displayed in the admin interface when the user tries to generate the sitemap.
It seems odd that there's a specific hidden path for this in the database and no way to change it through the admin interface. Seems it should really be a relative path or if it needs to be a file system path, it should be displayed and modifiable on the page for generating sitemaps.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 am

You are right. This should be editable from the merchant admin. I've logged a bug report.

Thanks for your feedback!
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support