Issue with shipping calculator for USPS??

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Issue with shipping calculator for USPS??

Post by compunerdy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:39 am

I have a international customer trying to order some small items that total .06lbs based off the item weights. When it checks USPS for rates this is returned..

Send: API=IntlRateV2&XML=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><IntlRateV2Request USERID="***********"><Package ID="0"><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>Package</MailType><ValueOfContents>13.50</ValueOfContents><Country>Australia</Country><Container></Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>0</Width><Length>0</Length><Height>0</Height><Girth>0</Girth></Package></IntlRateV2Request>

Receive: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<IntlRateV2Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147218043</Number><Source>;IntlRateV2.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Unable to calculate international postage. No services available.
Unable to calculate international postage</Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error></Package></IntlRateV2Response>

I have minimum package weight set at 0 for usps but if I add a larger item to the order it returns rates fine. Why will it no calculate rates and shows 0 ounces when there should be .96 ounces? Did the weight conversion get messed up with the new changes to the API?

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Issue with shipping calculator for USPS??

Post by jguengerich » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:34 pm

This is a guess, because I have not used USPS, but since no one answered yet, I thought I might as well try to help :).

Perhaps they have a min. weight of 1 oz? What happens if you set the min. weight to 0.0625 ( = 1/16 lb. = 1 oz.)?
Jay

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Tim,

Can you tell me how many items are in the basket, and how much each one weighs?

Thanks,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:17 pm

4 Items.. .01, .01, .02, .02 for weights.

Tim

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:35 am

I created 4 items with the weights you specified above. I chose Australia for the country and the USPS international service was returned.

Here is the log entry -

Send: API=IntlRateV2&XML=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><IntlRateV2Request USERID="245ABLEC6623"><Package ID="0"><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>1</Ounces><MailType>Package</MailType><ValueOfContents>4.00</ValueOfContents><Country>Australia</Country><Container></Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>0</Width><Length>0</Length><Height>0</Height><Girth>0</Girth></Package></IntlRateV2Request>
should be .96 ounces
It looks like we rounded up to 1 ounce, which I believe is a new requirement for the updated API.

I am using the default value for minimum package weight = 0.1

If I change it to 0, then I get your error -

Receive: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<IntlRateV2Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147218043</Number><Source>;IntlRateV2.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Unable to calculate international postage. No services available.
Unable to calculate international postage</Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error></Package></IntlRateV2Response>

So you need to change the minimum package weight back to the default value of 0.1 and it should start working.

(sigh of relief...I thought we may have had a bug)
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:44 am

yup.. that fixed. Might want to put a note to not set to 0.

Thanks!!