PayPal Express on AC7?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

PayPal Express on AC7?

Post by sweeperq » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:40 am

How do you set up PayPal Express on AC 7.0.7? I see two options available in the gateway: PayPal and PayPal Payflow Pro. My understanding is that there should be a 3rd option, PayPal Express.

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: PayPal Express on AC7?

Post by sweeperq » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:36 am

Okay, I found out that the PayPal Express button was only included on the MiniBasket, and not the normal Basket. I've added it to the basket page and set up the store according to the instructions.

However, when I click on the button I get the following error:
The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
The exception details are:
Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Source Error:

Line 65: {
Line 66: PayPalProvider client = StoreDataHelper.GetPayPalProvider();
Line 67: PayPalProvider.ExpressCheckoutResult result = client.SetExpressCheckout();
Line 68:
Line 69: // IF ERRORS ARE PRESENT, REDIRECT TO DISPLAY THEM

Source File: c:\Development\Web\Sharpening-AC7\PayPalExpressCheckout.aspx.cs Line: 67
Any thoughts?

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 am

Okay, so there must be something wrong with the Sandbox Mode. When I turned that off, I no longer received the SSL/TLS error.

However, I noticed when I ended up at PayPal that the total at the top of the page was $39.99. I haven't gone any further, but how does PayPal know what the shipping total is? Or should I be adding the button to the checkout process, after I've collected the addresses and shipping method selection?

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:54 am

Ok, we finally got it working for the most part. Need to style up /Checkout/Shipmethod.aspx and /Checkout/Payment.aspx, and it appears that the shipping address is being returned as the billing address as well, but I think I saw a post in my searching that said there was a hotfix for that.

efficiondave
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by efficiondave » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:38 am

Yes. There is a problem with the EndPoints specified in PayPal_Base.dll for SandBox mode. There's another thread that covers this more fully. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18002