Real-time Shipping configuration

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Real-time Shipping configuration

Post by Will » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:27 pm

I am having problems with the real-time shipping configuration in Beta 2.

I plugged in our UPS account info as in our Beta 1 install. When I try a test transaction, I get the following message on the checkout page:

"There are no shipping methods available to the selected destination(s)."

If I create a non-real-time method, that shows up fine and I can continue. However, if I set up the real-time, none of the UPS methods I selected show up.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Hello Will,

I just tested it with Beta 2 and UPS is working fine for me. Confirm that the product your testing with has a weight assigned to it.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:07 pm

And if that doesn't help, all of the shipping services have a "debug" mode that can be enabled on the configuration page. Since you have access to your server, you could always enable this feature and try a checkout. Then look in your ~/App_Data/logs folder for a file like "UPS.log". That file will contain the request and the response, which can sometimes have very telling error messages.

I should also mention, you can sometimes find entries in the Help -> Error Log. This would be the case if something unexpected is causing the shipping methods to not appear.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by Will » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:33 pm

I had a feeling I was missing something obvious -- I hadn't defined a weight yet...

Thanks.