AbleCommerce 7.0 RC3 Available

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

AbleCommerce 7.0 RC3 Available

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:17 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that AbleCommerce 7.0 for Asp.Net 2.0 is now a final release product! It is a fantastic foundation for us to build upon and we're excited what the future will bring. Thank you to all that have given us feedback and continue to help support AbleCommerce.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

FYI: Build number corrections

Post by bobr2k » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Mike, I know you're trying to get everything caught up ... here are a couple old references (I think the latest version is 9381 based on what I downloaded).
Latest Version: AbleCommerce 7.0 RC3, Build 9374 shows in http://help.ablecommerce.com/upgrades/a ... _final.htm

and in the upgrade instructions. http://help.ablecommerce.com/upgrades/a ... sp.net.htm
Bob R.
"Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks." -- Steven Wright

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by DonAshby » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi Bob and Mike,

Does that mean that 9381 build is really the more current version of RC3? or are you saying that 9374 build is a typo ( as mentioned in the links you provide?) I guess I am asking if we follow the link you provided, is that the correct RC3 version to use ( even though it says 9374).

Don :?:
Last edited by DonAshby on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by bobr2k » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:24 am

If you go to the site provided in your upgrade email you'll only see 9381 build files.
Bob R.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by DonAshby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:37 am

Hi Bob,

For some reason I did not get an email upgrade - I only see RC3 from what is on the FTP site - links from this forum.

So if I go to the FTP, that will have the correct files even though it says Build 9374???
or do I need to get them to send me that email ... I need to make sure we do the correct install.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Don
Last edited by DonAshby on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by bobr2k » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:41 am

you may need to enter a support item. The email provides the ftp address, userid and password and other cautions and instructions.
Bob R.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by DonAshby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks,

I got this from AC on CHAT telling me to just go to the FTP Site and use the User and Password = subxxx and AbleCommxxx

Will this work? Or do I need my own?

Does that seem right?

Thanks, Don
Last edited by DonAshby on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by bobr2k » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:02 am

I follow this link religiously because I screwed up a bit the last time:
http://help.ablecommerce.com/index.htm# ... sp.net.htm
your timings perfect, I just upgraded (local) and my about shows build 8839. must have done something right! 8)

Edit: btw, what's the link for the chat, I forgot AC had a chat. Doesn't show up in some of the places I just looked. Will look further. (You may have shared something only Commanders and up are supposed to know !) :lol:
Bob R.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by DonAshby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:33 am

Hi Bob,

I was concerned about getting the correct build number when I did this that I just went to the Home Page and signed in for chat.

But I am still confused, after your intall you said your code says build 8839 but your earlier post said 9381 and the FTP Link on the Forum says 9374.

The Link Says :
Change Log : A list of changes between build 8839 and 9374.

So I assumed 9376 is correct and that 8839 was the old build for RC2 probably? The main thing is to get upgraded to 9374? not 9381.

Don
Last edited by DonAshby on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by bobr2k » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:50 am

DonAshby wrote:But I am still confused, after your intall you said your code says build 8839 but your earlier post said 9381 and the FTP Link on the Forum says 9376.

The Link Says :
Change Log : A list of changes between build 8839 and 9374.

So I assumed 9376 is correct and that 8839 was the old build for RC2 probably? The main thing is to get upgraded to 9374? not 9381.

Don
I'm confused too Don ... I was just cleaning up some files and found 8839 associated with a patch from 2/15/2008.
The latest build number is 9381 based on the email and the download file names but I may have an incorrect file after my upgrade. Back to the drawing board .. more later. :roll:

This is a quote from the email:
About an hour ago, we sent you an email with instructions to download the latest version of AbleCommerce 7.0 RC3 (build 9374). At the last minute, we found and fixed an important bug.

Unfortunately, if you have downloaded already, you will need to login to the FTP site and download a new file. The old build 9374 has already been removed and replaced with build 9381.

If you have not downloaded yet, then you will be getting the newer build 9381 when you login to the FTP site.
Sorry I didn't think of that sooner! :oops:
Bob R.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:56 am

Wow, lots of numbers flying around! Just to clarify, the official RC3 build is 9381. I will hunt for any locations we have the wrong number documented.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by DonAshby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:16 am

Hi Logan

This is where the post from Mike at the top of this thread goes to: If you follow Mikes link it says RC 3 is 9374. It looks like Bobs post says that you replaced 9374 with 9381 in the FTP even though the instructions on this link still say 9374.

My question is -> do I need to get an Upgrade Email from AC to do this install properly? OR can I follow Mikes Link above and install it from there... even though the Page says 9374 NOT 9381? and I dont have a user or password email.

We want our own user password if that is what is required.

Thanks, Don :?:

"Hello Everyone,

We released RC3 yesterday! Over 250 bug fixes and improvements, along with 10 new store themes.

Change Log from RC2 to RC3 - a report of notable changes between versions
http://help.ablecommerce.com/upgrades/a ... _final.htm
Last edited by DonAshby on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by bobr2k » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:36 am

I'll bet you haven't signed in at that ftp site yet! :lol:
If you get a chance could you post that url for the chat site ... I just can't find it anywhere. Thx.
Bob R.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by DonAshby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Bob,

No I havent signed in - I am waiting to find out if I need my own email with UserName and Password. From what you and Logan say, it looks to me like the link gives the correct build but is just mislabeled as 9374 instead of 9381.

We want to do the install once but not twice - we have a lot of custom files to load on top of this and it takes quite a while - we did not use the templates but did our own design. So I am trying to get it right the first time.

FYI The AC CHAT I used is just at AC home page. http://www.ablecommerce.com at the top... but it is not there now - I assume it goes dark when noone is on it. But on MON - FRI there should be someone there. But it is not tech support I dont think... more a sales chat.

Thanks for all your quick answers this SAT morning. I will wait for Logans answer on the email now. It is good to have RC3 out.

Don :)

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by bobr2k » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:03 am

DonAshby wrote:We want to do the install once but not twice - we have a lot of custom files to load on top of this and it takes quite a while - we did not use the templates but did our own design. So I am trying to get it right the first time.
Can't blame you for that ... we're in the same boat and have two stores to update.
Bob R.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:12 am

Yes, we discovered an issue with the file set in the build that we intended to release during the documentation phase. The downloadable has been updated as far as I can see. If you log in to the FTP site, you should see files ac7_upgrade_b9381. The build number is in the zip file, so it is a quick indication that you have the right file.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: AbleCommerce 7.0 Release Candidate 3 is available

Post by DonAshby » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:20 am

Hi Logan

Is there any news on if there will be an RC4? Or is this still in progress waiting to see if RC3 might be rolled to Final 7.0?

Also, can you comment on the Feature List you have on your site stating the AC 7 Features? I think this is still your original Feature List posted last fall. If so, I wonder if this list is indicative of the status or RC3 or if some features are not available yet.

Thanks, Don

http://www.ablecommerce.com/AbleCommerc ... 25C20.aspx

Don :?: