Cybersource Error

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Cybersource Error

Post by mianders » Mon May 12, 2008 4:47 pm

I am getting the following error in the AC error logs. Any ideas on what is causing this? I followed the config directions completely.

5/12/2008 7:05:09 PM Error Provider threw exception in DoAuthorize. The type initializer for 'CyberSource.WSSecurity.Signature' threw an exception.; Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Re: Cybersource Error

Post by sohaib » Tue May 13, 2008 3:13 am

Please make sure you have installed Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 and CyberSource Simple Order API Client.

WSE 3.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

CyberSource Simple Order API Client
http://apps.cybersource.com/cgi-bin/pag ... T/_.NET2.0

mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mianders » Tue May 13, 2008 8:10 am

I installed both of these as shown in the directions found in the help guide. Both are installed on the machine.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Tue May 13, 2008 8:13 am

Hello,

Here's a link to the configuration/setup docs for Cybersource.

http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedProj ... source.htm

The System Requirements section has the software necessary to install.

Make sure to follow all instructions as Cybersource is one of the more complicated gateways to setup.

Hope this helps,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Tue May 13, 2008 8:17 am

Regarding COM error there is a blurb in the CyberSource
readme.

-------------------------------------------------------
DEPLOYING THE CLIENT TO ANOTHER MACHINE
-------------------------------------------------------

To deploy the client to another machine without running
the installer provided by CyberSource, copy all the
DLLs, and optionally, the PDBs, in the lib directory to
the target machine.

Additionally, the file CybsWSSecurity.dll must
be registered. To register it on the command prompt,
go to the directory where the files have been copied
into and type:

regsvr32 CybsWSSecurity.dll

-------------

Can you go locate the CybsWSSecurity.dll file (I think it's in BIN),
run the regsvr32 command line for it, and retest to verify that's your issue?

mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mianders » Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 am

I have followed all of the steps in the help guide. I also rebooted the box after each install. It is still providing the same error.

Do I need to configure anything for WSE?

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 am

Thats strange!!

The next thing I was going to suggest was to reboot your system ... but that you have already done.

I have checked our bug database to see if there is any relevant information I can find. It is confirmed that the error "The type initializer for 'CyberSource.WSSecurity.Signature' threw an exception..." occurs when CyberSource Simple Order API Client is not correctly installed.

The solution that we know of is to Install Simple Order API Client for .NET 2.0.
Registering the COM manually using regsvr32 is the last resort.

mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mianders » Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 am

I have installed the API using the Cybersource install, and I have also tried the regsvr32. I also ran the sample included in the Cybersource install and still get the same error. I have logged a ticket with Cybersource as well.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue May 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Do you know if the server is running the website in medium, high, or full trust?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mianders » Tue May 13, 2008 12:42 pm

There is no trust level specified in the web.config.

Also, I am running an x64 Windows Server box. Will that cause any issues?

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm

mianders wrote:Also, I am running an x64 Windows Server box. Will that cause any issues?
That is a distinct possibility. I am investigating.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue May 13, 2008 12:54 pm

If IIS is running in a 64 bit process, it will not be able to load the 32 bit CyberSource order api. Here is an article that discusses how to run 32 bit processes in IIS:

http://blogs.msdn.com/rakkimk/archive/2 ... esses.aspx

Is this information helpful?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mianders » Tue May 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:If IIS is running in a 64 bit process, it will not be able to load the 32 bit CyberSource order api. Here is an article that discusses how to run 32 bit processes in IIS:

http://blogs.msdn.com/rakkimk/archive/2 ... esses.aspx

Is this information helpful?
Here is the response from Cybersource:

If it is able to run using that method, that is fine, however we are not able to support 64-bit processing using the Simple Order API at all. You will need to run the SOAP toolkit API for 64-bit processing

mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mianders » Tue May 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Any chance that AbleCommerce would build an integration to Cybersource using the SOAP Toolkit API? This is required to run AbleCommerce 7.0 on a 64-bit box and use Cybersource.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Is this IIS6 or IIS7? Have you tried enabling 32 bit applications in IIS first?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

mianders
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by mianders » Tue May 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Yes, breaks the web server and comes up unavailble on the client. We are running IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003 SP2. In IIS 6.0, you cannot have 32-bit and 64-bit web applications running on the same server.

See the following article:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodte ... x?mfr=true

In IIS 7.0, which comes on Windows Server 2008, you can run both, but only at an applicaiton pool level. Either way, it is more of a hack. The AbleCommerce software runs great on 64-bit Windows

Also, see the following article from David Wang which discusses some of the issues:

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archiv ... _IIS6.aspx

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed May 14, 2008 10:05 am

I have logged this as bug 6791. I can't make promises about when we will be able to address it, yet. As it stands right now, we can't support CyberSource in a 64-bit IIS process.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

sigpop
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by sigpop » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 pm

I had this error, too. CyberSource confirmed the .NET API for NVP doesn't work in the 64-bit environment and instructed me to use the SOAP API instead.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 pm

We fixed this problem quite some time ago... I believe for the 7.0.2 version we incorporated the SOAP api for our CyberSource integration and eliminated the dependence on the .NET API. In current versions of AbleCommerce it is compatible with 64bit windows.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

myvo04
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by myvo04 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:16 pm

I am running AbleCommerce 7.0.5. In the Edit Gateway window, I am prompted to enter a transaction key that is generated through the CyberSource merchant interface. I entered that information and am getting the following error when I try to authorize a transaction in the Admin interface. Since I'm using a transaction key in the gateway setup, it appears to me I am using the SOAP API so is it still required that I have Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 and CyberSource Simple Order API Client installed? These are currently on the server from a pervious version of AbleCommerce that I upgraded from...the CyberSource configuration steps in the AbleCommerce user guide contradict what I'm actually seeing in the Edit Gateway window so I'm not sure the correct way to set this up.

ERROR 2011-01-21 10:38:19,213 180031ms Object a - Provider threw exception in DoAuthorize.
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
XML parse error.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at CyberSource.Clients.SoapWebReference.TransactionProcessorWse.runTransaction(RequestMessage requestMessage)
at CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.CyberSource.PaymentProvider.SendRequest(RequestMessage request)
at CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.CyberSource.PaymentProvider.DoAuthorize(AuthorizeTransactionRequest authorizeRequest)
at CommerceBuilder.Payments.PaymentEngine.a(AuthorizeTransactionRequest A_0, Boolean A_1)