Opera 9.5 and the admin area dont play nice

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
Mark Harris
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Opera 9.5 and the admin area dont play nice

Post by Mark Harris » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:16 am

Looks like the shiny new Opera 9.5 doesn't work with the DHTML menu's in the admin area. Anyone got a quick fix? 9.4X used to work just fine.

Version: 9.50
Build: 10063
Platform: Win32
System: Windows XP
Java: Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.5
XHTML+Voice: Plug-in not loaded

I'm guessing this has something to do with the new CSS they are using, anyone got any ideas on how to bring my menu's back (other than switch browsers).

None of the 5 PC's here running opera 9.5 can see the menu, the 9.4X pc's can though.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Opera 9.5 and the admin area dont play nice

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:11 pm

Hello,

Here is the system requirements from our help website.

Browser Requirements
After installation, AbleCommerce is fully administered with a web browser.

AbleCommerce's merchant administration is tested and supported with IE6, IE7, and latest versions of Firefox.

Any standard browser can be used for the retail shopping side of AbleCommerce. Cookies are required.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Mark Harris

Post by Mark Harris » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 pm

I've used Opera 9.4x for months with it, just seems to be something has changed in version 9.5 which has stopped it working. Was wanting to see if anyone had any ideas. I'd really hate to have to install another browser :)

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Hello Mark,

With the release of final, we've updated all of the add-ons to the latest releases including component art, html editor and such. Not sure if it will work but we'll be up to date, so I'd guess the component art stuff will work.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Mark Harris

Post by Mark Harris » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:47 am

It really intrigues me that Opera changed something between releases which appears to have broken the functionality of the menu's. I'll have to see if i can find a change log for it somewhere - work out what they broke haha.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 am

Mark Harris wrote:It really intrigues me that Opera changed something between releases which appears to have broken the functionality of the menu's. I'll have to see if i can find a change log for it somewhere - work out what they broke haha.
This might be an interesting note. We did try to update third party components, but there are a handful that had updates following our check. One of those was FCKeditor. On their page, their 2.6.1 release was made to deal with Opera 9.5. (We have 2.6 in the current stable build.)

This bothers me a bit. If they had to release for compatibility, probably other DHTML/CSS based issues are out there. And the menu is ComponentArt, and I haven't looked into the release notes for that one yet.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.