Sage Line 50 Intergration

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
dave_reach
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Sage Line 50 Intergration

Post by dave_reach » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:25 am

Hi,

I'm going to be integrating AbleCommerce with Sage Line 50 for one of our clients - i've only ever played around with Sage integration once, a long time ago, and it was only very basic so i'm sadly lacking in knowledge in this area.

Has anyone looked in to integrating these two pieces of software before? My client uses Line 50, linked in to his till system to manage all his stock; although I don't have a proper spec yet i'll need to be exporting customer and order information in to Sage - ideally through some sort of real time process as opposed to a batch import of CSV files.

I do remember from my last meddle with Sage Integration that the 'free' way of importing CSVs doesn't support multiple items per order, but the developer kit allowed that functionality (I believe it has an ODBC driver for Sage).

Having said all this, if his Sage installation isn't going to be accessible from the installation of AbleCommerce then it won't be able to run real time processes anyway and will have to rely on a batch import process.

Thanks for any advice or shoves in the right direction anyone can offer!
Dave