Kit issue and kit feature enhancement

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Kit issue and kit feature enhancement

Post by compunerdy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:04 pm

First I would like to say thanks to the AC7 team as you have fixed a ton of bugs and every release gets better.

Bugs I have reported that have not been fixed.

Kit pricing..
There is still no way to price the sub items without the main item showing 0 cost.

kit sub items not added if creating order via admin..
This works if the kit has selectable items but if all items are hidden then they are not added. I am 90% sure that is why some do and some dont work anyways.

Shopping cart will allow over sale of products..
Add a item that has 5 in stock to the cart. Go to the shopping cart and change it to 6. If you click recalculate it will work correctly and say 6 cannot be purchased. This time change it to 6 but just hit checkout..now 6 are in the cart. I have other inventory bugs but if this is fixed then it might fix the others.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Post Final woes...

Post by Katie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if all the bugs had been reported using the CRM case system? I seem to recall working on the Kit inventory issue and had spent quite some time testing this. I gave a lengthy explanation of how Kitting and Inventory need to work together properly, but I don't know if I ever heard back on that issue.

If you can find the cases were the other two bugs are reported, I can take a look at them.

Thanks,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Kit pricing..
There is still no way to price the sub items without the main item showing 0 cost.
Logan said he would look into fixing this via a E-mail I had with him

kit sub items not added if creating order via admin..
This works if the kit has selectable items but if all items are hidden then they are not added. I am 90% sure that is why some do and some dont work anyways.
This was from case 1120. I had reported the error and it was said to have been fixed in rc2 which had not been released at the time. I think Mike thought it was fixed because he probably trested it only with a kit that had options?

Shopping cart will allow over sale of products..
Add a item that has 5 in stock to the cart. Go to the shopping cart and change it to 6. If you click recalculate it will work correctly and say 6 cannot be purchased. This time change it to 6 but just hit checkout..now 6 are in the cart. I have other inventory bugs but if this is fixed then it might fix the others.
I posted this as part of case#2295. I cant see all of that case now since it has been closed for some reason. You had figured I must not have had my kits set correctly and explained exactly how I have had them working since day one. This bug is easily testable by following my instructions and I hope once it is fixed I wont have anymore negative inventory issues.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Post Final woes... and Questions

Post by DonAshby » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi All,

We are ready to roll from RC3 to AC 7.0 ... we were working on a few more customizations that we wanted to make part of the Final 7.0

What we are wondering is has anyone had any difficulties with updating with the new revision then overwriting all (or a lot of) the customizations. When we did RC2 and RC3, we lost almost all of our shopping cart look and feel (all the new buttons in the shopping cart etc) as well as a lot of links and buttons in the product pages etc.

Is this normal or are we maybe doing something wrong?

Is there a place to put all our custom code so it does not get overwritten? We thought it would be safe in ConLib but it was not.

Finally, what does everyone think of the enhancements from RC3 to 7.0? Are these major?

Does the Google Feed work well now?

What about Google Checkout ( with passing tax and variable shipping rates back and forth)

Thanks, Don :?:

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:22 am

If you have your customized controls and scriplets in the Custom folder of each, they will not get overwritten. The theme might if you haven't changed the name of the theme from the standard Able name. I re-named my theme before I started working on the site and that did not get overwritten during the upgrade. Any changes you have made to the pages in the root folder (.aspx pages) will get overwritten. Any changes to pages in the admin will get overwritten. I just restored mine from a backup after the upgrade.
Googlebase- here are the headings used now after upgrade:
description id link price title brand condition image_link upc

description is still the summary field for the product
SKU is used for the UPC field.

The upgrade was pretty painless and if you backup/rename your theme you shouldn't have the problem of losing the styles.
The only problem I have is with the encryption key and that is because we're on a shared hoster with permissions issues. Logan fixed in in RC3, so I'm sure he will come up with a patch for this problem.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Post Final work

Post by DonAshby » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks Judy,

That is very encouraging ... we will move ahead and see. We will try to implement your suggestions on file management. And thanks for the info on the Google Feed.

Regards, Don