Volume Discounts

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
SamsSteins
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Volume Discounts

Post by SamsSteins » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if it possible to set volume discounts for to be applied to an entire category that can be mixed and matched? For example, if I wanted to apply a 25% off discount if you purchased 25 items in category XYZ is that possible? I currently have a volume discount set but 25 of each item must be purchased in the category.

Thanks.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Volume Discounts

Post by mazhar » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:25 am

You can apply Volume Discount to a complete category.
Read about the Discounts over http://help.ablecommerce.com/

rnowak7074
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by rnowak7074 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:55 am

Hello,
I'm new to AbleCommerce, but have lots of ecommerce experience. I am trying to setup volume discounts. This is for t-shirts. Minimum order quantity is 12. This is the pricing structure:
12-23 $4.00
24-47 $3.69
48-95 $3.35
96-143 $3.15
144+ $3.00

I want to specify that 24-47's discount is .31 cents, 48-95's discount is .65 cents, etc. When I do this, AbleCommerce says the discount must be greater than 1. I don't want to use percents. How can I accomplish this?

Also the minimum qty is 12, but the quantity box starts out at 1. Why is this and can it be changed through the Admin area?

One other question I have is about the color swatches. Right now, the store defaults to an image of a guy in a t-shirt. I have 2 color swatches setup. No where can you specifiy that you need to choose a swatch until you say Add to cart. This seems odd.

I've attached a screenshot to show the behavior. Please help, I have a demo for a customer this morning.

Thank you,
Rhonda

rnowak7074
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by rnowak7074 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 am

I have a modification to the post above. When I set the minimum discount to 12, the quantity box does show 12, but it also shows 1,2,3, etc. Is there a way to start the quantity box at 12 and not show quantities less than 12?

Also, is there a way to allow a shopper to send an attachment when submitting the order? This is in the case of a t-shirt store owner who requires the artwork for the t-shirt submitted.

Another question - is there a way to add a comment box that allows the shopper to specify something like: Call me before printing t-shirt order. I would want this at the product order level.

Thank you.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:24 am

rnowak7074 wrote:Hello,
I'm new to AbleCommerce, but have lots of ecommerce experience. I am trying to setup volume discounts. This is for t-shirts. Minimum order quantity is 12. This is the pricing structure:
12-23 $4.00
24-47 $3.69
48-95 $3.35
96-143 $3.15
144+ $3.00

I want to specify that 24-47's discount is .31 cents, 48-95's discount is .65 cents, etc. When I do this, AbleCommerce says the discount must be greater than 1. I don't want to use percents. How can I accomplish this?

Also the minimum qty is 12, but the quantity box starts out at 1. Why is this and can it be changed through the Admin area?

One other question I have is about the color swatches. Right now, the store defaults to an image of a guy in a t-shirt. I have 2 color swatches setup. No where can you specifiy that you need to choose a swatch until you say Add to cart. This seems odd.

I've attached a screenshot to show the behavior. Please help, I have a demo for a customer this morning.

Thank you,
Rhonda
When creating discount levels click Add Row button. I have created some 0.31 level using the Add Row button and application accepted the value. Give a try.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:41 am

rnowak7074 wrote:I have a modification to the post above. When I set the minimum discount to 12, the quantity box does show 12, but it also shows 1,2,3, etc. Is there a way to start the quantity box at 12 and not show quantities less than 12?
You can change the Minimum value of the quantity box from 1 to 12. For edit those pages which contain updowncontrol (quantity) control and locate the following code in page

Code: Select all

<cb:updowncontrol
and then change its MinValue property to 12.
Also, is there a way to allow a shopper to send an attachment when submitting the order? This is in the case of a t-shirt store owner who requires the artwork for the t-shirt submitted.
This task will need some customization work.
Another question - is there a way to add a comment box that allows the shopper to specify something like: Call me before printing t-shirt order. I would want this at the product order level.
Thank you.
After the order placement customer can add order notes to the order. You can check the order notes text box available at reciept page. You can also set the EnableShipMessage="true" for OnePageCheckout this will allow you to provide instructions for shipping.