USPS Priority Mail International

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
marbesman
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

USPS Priority Mail International

Post by marbesman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:16 pm

Hello I'm using AbleCommerce 7.0 and trying to use the USPS integrated carrier. I receive errors when trying to pull rates for a real address in Isreal. I made sure to have all the configuration settings correct in the integrated carriers section in the admin. But still getting the error below.

Code: Select all

Send: API=IntlRate&XML=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<IntlRateRequest USERID="007STORK1514"><Package ID="0"><Pounds>7</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>Package</MailType><Country>Israel</Country></Package></IntlRateRequest>

Receive: <Error>
	<Number>80040b1a</Number>
	<Description>API Authorization failure. IntlRate is not a valid API name for this protocol.</Description>
	<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>
</Error>
This error lead me to POSTS about the change in USPS' rates on May 14th 2007. But I really don't know if I configured something incorrectly. Is there any instructions, details, documentation or advice about how to get this shipping method working?

Thanks,

Marc

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: USPS Priority Mail International

Post by Katie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi,

There were a lot of changes when USPS changed their API. The changes for AbleCommerce were mainly in the area of new services...and a lot of them! If you've upgraded your install from Beta 3 to Final, I would make sure you have (re)selected the new services available. It might just take an update to the page where you select each method.

Also, be aware that some their services will not work if you do not meet the requirements for weight. Here is an example that I ran across a few weeks ago -

USPS First-Class Mail is a "letter" service where the weight cannot exceed 3.5 ounces. If you have this selected in AbleCommerce, it is likely not going to work or the rates will be wrong.
USPS First-Class Mail Flat" would be equivalent to mailing a "Large Envelope" and if you want to mail a package, then you will want to use "USPS First-Class Mail Parcel".

It took a lot of digging to finally figure out what changes USPS made with their last update. I'm guessing you'll find some similarities with the international services. It helps to go to their website and read more about each service.

I hope this helps. If not, let me know.

Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

mkent
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: USPS Priority Mail International

Post by mkent » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?