SiteFinity Integration? Membership provider problem

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
nogatek
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

SiteFinity Integration? Membership provider problem

Post by nogatek » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi all,

First of all, just wondering if anyone has successful integrated AbleCommerce 7.0 with the SiteFinity CMS web application?

I've tried 'merging' the web solutions as a first attempt (copying Bin, App_Data, merging web.configs etc).

I seem to be getting very close, but when I try to configure various membership provider combinations (web.config) I get the following error:

Parser Error Message: AbleCommerceHttpModule does not appear to be configured.

Line 180: <providers>
Line 181: <clear />
Line 182: <add name="AbleCommerceMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="AbleCommerce" applicationName="/" type="CommerceBuilder.Users.AbleCommerceMembershipProvider"/>

I've checked the AbleCommerce connection string and a host of other settings. I've configured the IIS Application Protection to High too.

Any ideas on what else I could try checking? What sort of issues cause the 'AbleCommerceHttpModule does not appear to be configured.' error message?

Thanks, Mark

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Re: SiteFinity Integration? Membership provider problem

Post by sohaib » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:46 am

nogatek wrote: Parser Error Message: AbleCommerceHttpModule does not appear to be configured.

Line 180: <providers>
Line 181: <clear />
Line 182: <add name="AbleCommerceMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="AbleCommerce" applicationName="/" type="CommerceBuilder.Users.AbleCommerceMembershipProvider"/>

I've checked the AbleCommerce connection string and a host of other settings. I've configured the IIS Application Protection to High too.
Please have a look at your web.config file and make sure that httpModules section includes

Code: Select all

<add name="AbleCommerceHttpModule" type="CommerceBuilder.Services.AbleCommerceHttpModule, CommerceBuilder.Services"/>
also make sure that system.webServer/modules has

Code: Select all

<add name="AbleCommerceHttpModule" type="CommerceBuilder.Services.AbleCommerceHttpModule, CommerceBuilder.Services" preCondition="managedHandler" />

nogatek
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by nogatek » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:57 am

Thanks Mazhar and Sohaib.

It looks like I've managed to get everything working. Basically, I started with a fresh AbleCommerce install (as suggest above) and incrementally added the SiteFinity web.config entries, files, folders etc.

Both http modules and membership and roles providers now happily co-exist.

Thanks for you help,

Mark

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 am

Thats great.
We would be very pleased to hear your experiences on integrating AC and SiteFinity... It would serve as a great reference for those who are interested in integrating AC with a CMS.

nogatek
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by nogatek » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 am

I will post a summary of the steps taken once everything is working (I'm still having an issue with configuring multiple membership providers for the two admin systems).

However, the main thing is I can now successfully drop AbleCommerce user controls into SiteFinity pages and they are rendering just fine.

It's been a long road, but well worth it!

pmbrewer
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by pmbrewer » Mon May 11, 2009 4:18 pm

I manage a small non-profit. We're planning a new site using SiteFinity. We're looking for help on integrating AC with SiteFinity. I think that what we want is some kind of tutorial with support. That is, we'd like to do this ourselves to the extent we can, so we know what's going on, but we need help, and we're willing to pay for support. Thanks.

joea84
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by joea84 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:26 am

Hi,

My business, JMA Web Technologies, has integrated the Sitefinity CMS version 3.7 with AbleCommerce 7. We can sell you the files, so you just need to style it. Here is our demo site: http://www.ablesf.com

Kalamazoo

Post by Kalamazoo » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Joe,

I had a client who wanted me to build an ecommerce system with SiteFinity last year, but I am still having trouble grasping why this is beneficial with AbleCommerce WYSIWYG editors. I would like to discuss this more with you. I will contact you on your website.

Please give me a call.