Proper credit card test gateway and card info

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
daviddavis
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Proper credit card test gateway and card info

Post by daviddavis » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:13 am

Hello,

I want to test credit card transactions on my able commerce site which uses authorize.net as the merchant. I have authorize.net all setup but I don't want to accidentally send out real credit card information. I would like some clarification on the best choice for testing. I found the information below in the Able Commerce documentation.

My question are:
* If I don't have a test merchant account, do I use "production gateway, test mode" for testing?
* If so, what happens to the transactions?
* What is it about it that makes it "test mode"?
* Do I have to use the test Visa card ONLY or can I use my personal credit card?

Thank you!
David Davis
Choose the Gateway Mode.
• Production Gateway, Live Mode - used for processing live transactions with a production merchant account.
• Production Gateway, Test Mode - used for testing transactions with a production merchant account.
• Test Gateway, Live Mode - used to test live transactions with a test merchant account.
• Test Gateway, Test Mode - used for specific test results with a test merchant account.

Testing with Authorize.Net
Enabling test mode in the Authorize.Net merchant interface will override the live mode option set here.
1. Edit the Authorize.Net gateway configuration page in AbleCommerce.
2. Change the Gateway Mode to the applicable setting depending on the type of gateway your are using.
3. At the bottom of the page, click the SAVE button.
4. You can use a Visa card number of "4111111111111111" to run a test transaction.
5. Be sure to change the Gateway Mode to Live before processing real credit card transactions.