Order Status changing

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
bill@izilla.com.au
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Order Status changing

Post by bill@izilla.com.au » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:09 am

When i place an order through the dummy gateway which is set to fail payment captures, the order Status is being changed to Payment Problem as i would expect. But by the time the Receipt page loads the order status has changed to Payment pending.

I checked the configuration of the Order Statuses and it looks fine. Is there something else i should be checking?

Thanks

AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Order Status changing

Post by AbleMods » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Problem status will not occur unless an authorization fails.

Your "dummy gateway" authorized the charge however it failed to capture it. Therefore the order is authorized, it's just not paid.

If you are configuring a capture-immediately storefront and want the customer to know if their payment failed on the receipt page, change the "Display Name" of the payment pending order status to "Failed".

Normally only a failed authorization will trigger the actual problem status. In your case, anything "unpaid" is a problem because you're intent is to capture immediately.
Joe Payne
AbleCommerce Custom Programming and Modules http://www.AbleMods.com/
AbleCommerce Hosting http://www.AbleModsHosting.com/
Precise Fishing and Hunting Time Tables http://www.Solunar.com

bill@izilla.com.au
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by bill@izilla.com.au » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:43 pm

the Orders Payment is listed as Authorization Failed. In the order notes the last note is
"The order status has been changed from Payment Pending private to Payment Problem."

While stepping through the source i see it get changed to Payment Problem which is reflected in the DB. then somewhere it magically changes back for some reason.

bryancapitano
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by bryancapitano » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:24 am

We have a strange problem - when customer places an order in AC 7, and the card fails, the order status goes to "Problem." That's fine, but when customer tries to re-auth the card, the order status stays in "Problem" status, even thought the card has been successfully authed on second try.

Any ideas?

(We are running a real cart in LIVE mode)

sdlong02
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by sdlong02 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 pm

bryancapitano wrote:We have a strange problem - when customer places an order in AC 7, and the card fails, the order status goes to "Problem." That's fine, but when customer tries to re-auth the card, the order status stays in "Problem" status, even thought the card has been successfully authed on second try.

Any ideas?

(We are running a real cart in LIVE mode)
Need to set the trigger Payment Authorized to name "Payment Authorized" or whatever you want the status to change to