starting order number of 2000000

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
kentbahn
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

starting order number of 2000000

Post by kentbahn » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:30 am

Hi,

Because manufacturing for my company runs on its own system, the e-commerce orders will need to be recreated in this back office system.
I would like to have the same order number in both systems.
Currently the back office system has already used orders through 1,000,000, so I would like to start web base orders at 2,000,000.
This way if a customer calls with a question about a order the same number will be use in the e-commerce and back office system.
The problem I am having is that I can’t get the Able system to take a order number larger than 999,999.
Is there an SDK info as to what I would need to change to make this work?
I think the SQL database use a 32 bit Int for this value so that should not be an issue.
Most tables use identity seed values and increment the number, but the orders are different.
I would like to change the starting order number in the database and see if it would work, but I have not been able to find its location yet, do you where it is?
Also, I am not sure if this can be changed in the ASP code or if a complied DLL will need to be change to allow 2,000,000 as a starting order number?
It may just be configuration page that needs to be changed.

Any info you would have on this would be helpful.

Thanks

Kent

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: starting order number of 2000000

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:50 am

Hello,

In the file /admin/store/StoreSettings.aspx

Around line number 355

Change this code:
<asp:RangeValidator ID="NextOrderIdRangeValidator1" runat="server" Type="Integer" MinimumValue="0" MaximumValue="999999" ControlToValidate="NextOrderId" ErrorMessage="Next order number must be a numeric value." Text="*"></asp:RangeValidator>
to this:
<asp:RangeValidator ID="NextOrderIdRangeValidator1" runat="server" Type="Integer" MinimumValue="0" MaximumValue="2000000" ControlToValidate="NextOrderId" ErrorMessage="Next order number must be a numeric value." Text="*"></asp:RangeValidator>
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Odettes
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Re: starting order number of 2000000

Post by Odettes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:03 pm

I think you need to change the ' MaximumValue="2000000" ' to something greater then 2 million since you want your orders to start at that value.

Best regards, Thomas
Sincerely,
Thomas Berglund

https://traileronline.se
AbleCommerce Gold R11 Custom