Making note of orders already printed

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Making note of orders already printed

Post by compunerdy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:28 pm

It amazes me how many ideas customers have asked for and Maz or someone else takes the time to post the code but it never gets put into the core program. I guess adding items to the feature list and customers not having to ask for code changes every time a upgrade breaks them is not a priority.

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

Post by Brewhaus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm with you, Tim. Especially for items that are quite obviously something that would be so widely used. There are three reasons that this feature is so important:

1) If you miss checking the box when you print orders (easy to do if you are clicking 30 or 40 boxes at a time!) then you will not know that you missed it unless you physically check the invoice numbers to ensure that none are missing.
2) It saves going back and having to repeat the same procedure a second time just to mark the orders printed.
3) Having the status changed to Printed lets you know where you need to start for the next batch without having to manually check the order sheets or history in the orders.

Some customizations are personal things, but something as basic as this, which was in our previous software from six or seven years ago, should be obvious.
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 am

Rick,
Could you clarify 2 things?
1. You said "mark the orders shipped when we print them", but the earlier discussion seems to be about marking the orders printed when you print them. Was that just a typo?
2. You said you get compilation errors. Are you changing the source code, or are you using the WAP version of AC? What errors are you getting?

I don't know if I will be able to give you any help, but if you clarify those two things, it might be easier for someone to offer a suggestion.
Jay

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:54 am

This is how I currently handle this.

click to view all orders in the payment completed order status
click check box to select all
click print invoices from dropdown
click go
click print
click print on printer dialog box
click back
click box to select all again
click dropdown to change order status to "order printed"
click go

For one this allows for a order to come into the system between the first select all and the second select all and accidently marking a order as printed when it is not.
Secondly, this is a lot of steps to just print orders and mark them as printed.. AC can come up with a much better built in way of doing this I would think.

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

Post by Brewhaus » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Using the method above works great in 7.0.7. When you click the Print button the orders statuses are automatically updated to Order Printed. One step. No risk of an order being marked printed that isn't. It actually amazes me that Able STILL does not have this built into the software by default.

Unfortunately, the above fix does not work in Gold, and I cannot get any help on how to get Gold to do this. :(
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:10 pm

A lot of the code provided here in the forums is very specific for some businesses. If you have a feature to request, please use the Feedback button in Gold. We definitely need more feature requests, and this would be a great one to include in a future version. The features get voted on and that's how we decide what will be in the next release.

Thanks!
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Where do we vote on features?

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Sorry Tim. This is a new feedback request form that we have built into the AC Gold admin pages. I think you should still be able to submit requests and vote from this page -

https://ablecommerce.uservoice.com/

Let me know if you have any trouble.
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

Post by Brewhaus » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I have just submitted the "status update" for when orders are printed. This is one that is definitely not business specific, as we all need to print orders if we are using eCommerce software. :-)
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot