AC7 and Google Website Optimizer

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
rdevarona
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

AC7 and Google Website Optimizer

Post by rdevarona » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi all,

Has anybody messed around with Google Website Optimizer and AC7? I'm interested in running a split test to see if replacing the AJAX Minibasket with a different flow will have any effect on conversion rates. I'd like to have customers that add product to a page be sent to the Cart Review page and also be shown a small Cart Summary module in place of the minibasket if there is anything in the cart. I've created the Cart Summary conlib, but I'm having trouble understanding where to put the GWO scripts to test the two active code segments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

rdv

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: AC7 and Google Website Optimizer

Post by kastnerd » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:00 am

I was looking at google web optimizer. To me it looks like you need to make 2 product pages. Use a page the people are clicking in Google and going to your site by. That is your A site.
Then you make a page that is close to side A but with the changes you want to test, This is Site B.

Google will randomly change if people click threw to A or B and keep track of stuff from there.

You would need to make page B uses your different cart, and site A still use your old cart. Im not sure how able would do it.