CryptographicException

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
marbesman
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

CryptographicException

Post by marbesman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:01 pm

Hello,

I received this error and was wondering if anyone else has run across this. It resulted in a system time out for a user placing an order. I just was wondering if anyone has ever seen this and knows where to start investigating? I grabbed the information from the event viewer and posted it below.

(the URL gets truncated when posted to this message board so after the domain name the rest of the query string is WebResource.axd?d=HLTyma1O27XemDn2UWZ9xWSGjNbi46qEeS8b0_Y2Zn7BU1Fqp9vkNz9XNlhERVgk0&t=633531193027574092 )

Thanks,

Exception information:
Exception type: CryptographicException
Exception message: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

Request information:
Request URL: http://www.kitchenconservatory.com/WebR ... 3027574092
Request path: /WebResource.axd
User host address: 66.249.71.38
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: TNWWW01\kitchenconserv_web

Thread information:
Thread ID: 1
Thread account name: TNWWW01\kitchenconserv_web
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.DecryptData(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount, Byte[]& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode paddingMode, Boolean fLast)
at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock()
at System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.EncryptOrDecryptData(Boolean fEncrypt, Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, IVType ivType, Boolean useValidationSymAlgo)
at System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptStringWithIV(String s, IVType ivType)
at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)