Tracking

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
atulkhare
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Tracking

Post by atulkhare » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:07 am

Hi,
I am using ablecommerce7 licenced version , is "Affiliate Tracking" and "Ad Tracking" inbuild in
ablecommerce or not..if yes then tell me how this feature will work and if not than tell me how to configure "Tracking" in our application.

Thanks And Regard
Atul khare

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Tracking

Post by mazhar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:33 am

Affiliate Tracking
AbleCommerce provides affiliates support. Check the marketing section from the merchant side. Also in reports there is a report for sales by affiliates.
Ad Tracking
Not clear. Explain what do you mean by Ad Tracking.

Robbie@FireFold
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by Robbie@FireFold » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:54 am

Ad tracking is pretty easy. When you create and affiliate it assigns you a url. Take the last part of that code like: ?afid=5. Just add that to any URL you submit to an advertiser.

Works great for us.
Robbie Hodge
General Manager
Robbie@FireFold.com
http://www.FireFold.com

atulkhare
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by atulkhare » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:23 pm

hiii,
Please let me inform what is the utility of this "Add Affiliate" option(this option is in marketing menu)..and also tell me about "Third Party Tracker"....
where we can use these option's and HOW...
please describe these in detail.

Thanks And Regard
Atul khare

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:49 am

Add Affiliate help you add affiliates to your system. Let's suppose there is some ABC site which wants to be your affiliate. Then you will use the add affiliate feature and add them as an affiliate to your system, at the top of page you will see an affliate id available. You will provide the ABC site with their affiliate id. This id will be used to find out the affiliate activity. For example if some use is redirected from the ABC site to you by having their affiliate id in its URL then that user will be associated with the ABC site so is the case with sales by that user.

In order to test this. Create some affiliate and note down its affliate id. Then visit your store by appending that affliate id in the URL for now i assumed that id is 2 it may be different in your case.

Code: Select all

http://yourstoreurl.com?afid=2  
and place some orders. Then check the sales by affiliates report.

atulkhare
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by atulkhare » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:46 am

Hi,

In "add affiliate" option i have added "www.ideavate.com?afid=5"...
but when i check all affliates so there are some fields are there like

afid=1
name=www.ideavate.com?afid=5
commision=10%
order's=0
orders are "0"..how to select order here..and let me inform please how it will configure..
how to place orders for tracking URL..