Shipping and Inventory Control Tool

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
bmissry815
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Shipping and Inventory Control Tool

Post by bmissry815 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi all,

I found this tool recently
http://www.trueship.com/index.html

They seem to have the shipper and quickbooks tool combined. I think it may be an interesting thing for ablecommerce to offer.
Let me know what you guys think.

afm
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Shipping and Inventory Control Tool

Post by afm » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 pm

bmissry815 wrote:They seem to have the shipper and quickbooks tool combined. I think it may be an interesting thing for ablecommerce to offer.
That depends on what you mean by shipper and quickbooks tool.

TrueShip's QuickBooks module is an add-on to ReadyShipper that lets ReadyShipper treat QuickBooks as a "store" in the same way that Shipper (my Shipper as least) treats AbleCommerce as a "store". That is, ReadyShipper with the QuickBooks module would pull orders from QuickBooks and print labels. Their QuickBooks module does not know how to pull orders from AbleCommerce, or any e-commerce store.

Joe's QuickBooks module does let QuickBooks pull orders from AbleCommerce into QuickBooks (very different than TrueShip's).

So you could use Joe's QuickBooks module to get the orders from AbleCommerce into QuickBooks. Then use TrueShip's QuickBooks module to get the orders from QuickBooks into ReadyShipper. Then use ReadyShipper to print the labels. I don't know if the tracking information would make it back to AbleCommerce.

Or you could use Shipper to talk directly to AbleCommerce. Shipper knows how to pull the orders and send the tracking information back to the store (and a whole lot more!)
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing

bmissry815
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by bmissry815 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the info. I am still new to this. Is that your company Structured-Solutions. I was wondering if you can tell me a little bit more about it. There seems to be no contact information on your website. I am very intersted in your product.

Is it 395 total for one year? Or 395 forever.

afm
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by afm » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:45 pm

bmissry815 wrote:Hi Andy,
Thanks for the info. I am still new to this. Is that your company Structured-Solutions. I was wondering if you can tell me a little bit more about it. There seems to be no contact information on your website. I am very intersted in your product.
Yep, my company is Structured Solutions (home, contact). I've been writing e-commerce add-ons for almost 10 years. Shipper is now at version 3. Long time customers may have noticed the jump from version 1.4 to version 3. There was a version 2, but it never made it out of the shop.
Is it 395 total for one year? Or 395 forever.
Per year. There may be a per month option and a forever option in the future. But it partially depends on some outside factors that are not in my control.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing

bmissry815
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by bmissry815 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Is there anyway we can talk about this product by phone? I am very intersted in purchasing it but would like some more information.

What happens after a year?