Setting my Test Environment

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
dadkind
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Setting my Test Environment

Post by dadkind » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Hello,
I've recently downloaded the AbleCommerce demo and we've decided to purchase a license.

We intend to set up 3 servers: Production, Staging, and Development.

Licensing for the production and staging server should not be a problem.

However, the development server (my machine) in on a Dynamic IP address (I work from my home). We've been informed that AbleCommerce will only work with static IPs.

Is there some workaround or specific setup that will allow my dev machine to accept a license without a fixed IP? Can I simply register my machine's name? Or must the registration name resolve absolutely in order to apply a license to the dev server?

Thanks!

-tomas

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Setting my Test Environment

Post by mazhar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:39 am

You can install the application on your development machine with demo key. The demo key is not IP specific.

dadkind

Post by dadkind » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 am

mazhar wrote:You can install the application on your development machine with demo key. The demo key is not IP specific.
OK. Thanks

But does the demo key "time out" after 30 days? Or does that only happen for the trial version?

-tomas

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 am

Yes it will expire after 30 days, in this case you update your demo key for next month.

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 am

dadkind wrote:
mazhar wrote:You can install the application on your development machine with demo key. The demo key is not IP specific.
OK. Thanks

But does the demo key "time out" after 30 days? Or does that only happen for the trial version?

-tomas
After 30 days you can update again to a new demo key. It won't affect anything on your store.