Able & Stone Edge synched updates

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
sdlong02
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Able & Stone Edge synched updates

Post by sdlong02 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm pretty new at this, so forgive me if I'm repeating something thats already been answered.

Does anybody have Able 7.0 working with Stone Edge in full synchronization? My main objective is to have Stone Edge send status updates and tracking information back to the Able side automatically. I've been looking at a couple things, status events in SE, triggers in Able, but I'm having some trouble tying it all together. Any info would be appreciated.

sdlong02

Re: Able & Stone Edge synched updates

Post by sdlong02 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 pm

I've got:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=338&hilit=status+change+events

http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedproj ... /index.htm

and: http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedproj ... events.htm

before I made my post. Anybody have this actually setup with any input? I'm also looking at the SE knowledge base, but like I said I'm kind of new and I can't figure it out

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:47 pm

This is how I currently have one of the triggers setup in SE and Able as per what I thought I had figured out.

DELETED

DELETED

So the Status Event updates the Order Status to match the trigger for Able. But nothing updates to Able when I add a tracking number to an Able order.
Last edited by sdlong02 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Ok so I think after playing around with Status Events in SE and Triggers in AC I have a better idea of getting the order Status to trigger. However I still can't get the tracking number to input itself onto the order. Below is an EXAMPLE of the data that is being sent to the order, I have fixed the actual error displayed. It looks like SE is sending the tracking number to the order, but when I look at the order in AC after one of these updates, the only thing that is changed is the Order Status gets updated, the tracking number is not.
What Where When Details
SETIResponse=False;order_id=234;Note=Found multiple statuses with same name or display name: Order Shipped PostStack 25-Feb-2009 13:14:05 "DELETED=test@test.com&password=abc123&setifunction=replacestatus&code=0&ordernumber=234&orderstatus=Order Shipped&update=<Tracking>
<Track>
<TrackNum>91024564412541244124</TrackNum>
<PickupDate>25-Feb-2009</PickupDate>
<Shipper>USPS</Shipper>
<Method>Parcel%20Post</Method>
</Track>
</Tracking>
&omversion=5.608: Attempts=11: SentBy=UISERVER"
To clarify, the code is being sent to the AC side without error, SE sends it through and only the order status is updated in AC; The above is only an example of the data being sent.
Last edited by sdlong02 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Well I was able to figure this out with a bunch of testing and phone calls with the SE tech support. Little surprised I didn't run into anybody on SE + Able on the forum. My SE tech was surprised nobody else had ever come to them with the problem, turns out it's a minor detail with the naming of the shipping method. So if any SE + Able people turn up with this issue feel free to ask.

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kastnerd » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:45 pm

sdlong02 wrote:Ok so I think after playing around with Status Events in SE and Triggers in AC I have a better idea of getting the order Status to trigger. However I still can't get the tracking number to input itself onto the order. Below is an EXAMPLE of the data that is being sent to the order, I have fixed the actual error displayed. It looks like SE is sending the tracking number to the order, but when I look at the order in AC after one of these updates, the only thing that is changed is the Order Status gets updated, the tracking number is not.
What Where When Details
SETIResponse=False;order_id=234;Note=Found multiple statuses with same name or display name: Order Shipped PostStack 25-Feb-2009 13:14:05 "URL=/ClientAPI/SETIService.ashxsetiuser=test@test.com&password=abc123&setifunction=replacestatus&code=0&ordernumber=234&orderstatus=Order Shipped&update=<Tracking>
<Track>
<Shipper>USPS</Shipper>
</Track>
</Tracking>
To clarify, the code is being sent to the AC side without error, SE sends it through and only the order status is updated in AC; The above is only an example of the data being sent.
Have you found a way for stone edge to input the tracking?
Last edited by kastnerd on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:21 am

I'm still troubleshooting one part of the tracking update with Stone Edge.

As of now if I manually add a tracking number to an order on Stone Edge then the tracking is updated onto the order in Able.

I ship through Dazzle in SE, if I have it set to send tracking updates after each order is packed, the data is sent correctly to Able.
However, right now I have the parameter set to be processed in bulk (not immediately), which is causing an SE related issue of which I'm expecting a call about later today.

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kastnerd » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 pm

I am using Stone Edge, But not using its built in shipper like Dazzle. I am using UPS WorldShip and it imports the Tracking number in to Stone Edge when the label is printed. So i assume it should then upload in to able from SE

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Your Item or Order Status in SE has to match the Name of the status update in Able.

This lets Stone properly hit the correct Status update when sending the data to your order, also your shipping method in Able has to match the SHIPPER's Shipping method name from SE.

ie. My shipping method in SE: US Postal First-Class Mail, Able: US Postal First-Class Mail, Shipper Method: First Class Mail

What happens here is Able sends the order to SE fine, but when SE sends it back, it does not see the same shipment, due to the naming difference. SE uses the SHIPPER's Shipping Method when sending the data back. My fix for this was to name all my shipping method's in Able to match the SHIPPER's shipping method name, and then add the new shipping methods in SE to also reflect the same naming.

This is all just the setup. Like I said I'm in the works with the SE tech support team about SE sending bad data even when it's setup properly. With the way I have it setup now, Manual or Instant updates work, but the batched updates do not pull any data from the order before it sends it in the Post Stack.

You can try settings up some status events in Stone Edge and then hitting those events to see what is getting sent to your cart in the post stack. (Ctrl + Shift + S)

searun
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by searun » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi All,

We're facing this same issue and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get Tracking Numbers from Stoneedge to Able 7.3? Been working with StoneEdge on this for a long time and they can't seem to figure it out. Have any of you got this to work?

Thanks!

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kastnerd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am

One other trouble I have with Able with Stone Edge is payment. If you set able up not to charge the credit card but to authorize it. Then charge the card using stone edge when you ship the order.

The trouble is when a customer logs in to there account to see the status of the order it is listed and unpaid. and stone edge is linked only to the "order status" and there is not a link with the "payment status"

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:37 pm

searun wrote:Hi All,

We're facing this same issue and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get Tracking Numbers from Stoneedge to Able 7.3? Been working with StoneEdge on this for a long time and they can't seem to figure it out. Have any of you got this to work?

Thanks!
Did you figure this out? The instructions above should cover the tracking updates. It has been a while since I first encountered this issue, at the time nobody at SE knew what to do.

A good way to figure out what's going on is to get the data that is getting sent to Able, I don't know if there's a way to archive this, as mine isn't setup, but if you had a bunch of orders to update to Able, you could try to catch a couple of the lines in the Post Stack on SE before they get sent/deleted. Post stack can be viewed either via the new external post stack controller or by hitting ctrl+shift+s in SE.
What Where When Details
SETIResponse=False;order_id=234;Note=Found multiple statuses with same name or display name: Order Shipped PostStack 25-Feb-2009 13:14:05 "URL=/ClientAPI/SETIService.ashxsetiuser=test@test.com&password=abc123&setifunction=replacestatus&code=0&ordernumber=234&orderstatus=Order Shipped&update=<Tracking>
<Track>
<Shipper>USPS</Shipper>
</Track>
</Tracking>
That is an example of the data that SE creates, aside from the obvious (Order # and Tracking #), the most important thing in marking an order shipped is the method, "Parcel Post" is USPS's name for the shipping method.

So say, if you had on your website, a method called "US Postal Service Parcel Post" going into the SE shipping method of the same name, then it wouldn't update back to Able. Because SE sends the SHIPPER's NAME (Parcel Post), and Able has no idea what you're referring to since the name of your method on Able is "US Postal Service Parcel Post" SE doesn't send your shipping name to Able, it only sends the shipper's name, which is "Parcel Post"

As mentioned above, my solution to this was to use the Shipper's Name as all of my Shipping Method Names on Able.

Also, if you're not setup to automatically process tracking numbers, you have to hit the "Send Tracking Numbers'" button in the maintenance menu (Shipping & Fulfillment) to actually have that data sent out.