Customers Having to Create An Account to Checkout

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Customers Having to Create An Account to Checkout

Post by tachia » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Sorry posted the original post in the wrong category.

I thought customers would have the option not to create an account in order to checkout. How do you set up the shopping cart, so that the customer does not have to create an account, but just provide the shipping and email address to receive notifications and process orders?

Thanks.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Customers Having to Create An Account to Checkout

Post by mazhar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:55 am

For this you need to enable anonymous checkout on OnePageCheckout page. All you need is to edit the OnePageCheckout scriptlet and make the ConLib construct look like

Code: Select all

[[ConLib:OnePageCheckout AllowAnonymousCheckout="true"]]

tachia
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by tachia » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 am

This worked great and I love the way the option works.

Thanks.

ThinkNoodle
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by ThinkNoodle » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:30 am

In version 7.02 is it possible to have a specific email template for anonymous customers, it needs to be different to the email template for account customers.
Thanks
Matt

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:40 am

ThinkNoodle wrote:In version 7.02 is it possible to have a specific email template for anonymous customers, it needs to be different to the email template for account customers.
Thanks
Matt
No there is no such new thing. I think you can easily create you custom template to do this all you need is to place an NVelocity if statement to generate two versions of Email. For example

#if($user.IsAnonymous)

ALL Your template HTML for anonymous user will be here

#else

ALL Your template HTML for registered user will be here

#end

ThinkNoodle

Post by ThinkNoodle » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:00 am

Thanks you are a Star!
:D

WylieE
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by WylieE » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:37 pm

mazhar wrote: No there is no such new thing. I think you can easily create you custom template to do this all you need is to place an NVelocity if statement to generate two versions of Email. For example

#if($user.IsAnonymous)

#else

#end
Hi Mazar,

I'm trying to add this code to our email order confirmation and the anonymous centric text is not appearing. I've copied and pasted your code and added our anonymous text.

- It looks pretty straight forward but I'm wondering if $user.isanonymous is pulling from the ac_Users table or session info?

- Also, I've noticed all the zz_anonymous.... users are marked with IsAnonymous as False in ac_Users. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Eric Wylie
Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc.
http://www.warmoth.com

rpb3
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by rpb3 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:19 pm

I have noticed this also, the anonymous (but really not anonymous) users.

When a user executes an anonymous checkout and the zz_anonymous user record is created, it is marked with False in the IsAnonymous column.

That throws things out of whack because then in the header they see "Logout" and "My Account" for this anonymous user because User.IsAnonymous returns False.

I tried adding a line to the one page checkout to force the IsAnonymous to be True before saving the newUser object but it had no effect.

Anybody have any ideas? I am using AC 7.0.2

erinrhino
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by erinrhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:33 pm

I have the same problem - setting AllowAnonymousCheckout to true still logs in the user as zz_anonymous* Is this a bug? I'm using version VERSION: 7.0.3/BUILD: 12458

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:18 pm

It's not a bug in the sense that we create the zz_anon account intentionally. This is due to some constraints we face with our use of ASPNET membership for user authentication. When the user moves from the order page to the receipt page, they are entering an area that is intended only for registered users. So we create a temporary account for the user to facilitate access. They are not required to enter a username or password, nor can the account be used to login after the session.

#if($user.IsAnonymous || $user.UserName.StartWith("zz_anonymous_"))

#else

#end
There is a bug registered with the user manager. The zz_anonymous accounts should not be displaying as part of standard results. They should only show when include anonymous is checked. That has already been logged.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

rpb3
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by rpb3 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks for the response Logan. I was considering a work-around like the one you suggested, I was just wondering if there was a more appropriate method.

It just seems like if the zz_anon... user records still had the IsAnonymous flag set to true this wouldn't be an issue. Would that cause problems elsewhere? I think that would also fix the issue you mentioned in your last paragraph.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:17 am

rpb3 wrote:It just seems like if the zz_anon... user records still had the IsAnonymous flag set to true this wouldn't be an issue. Would that cause problems elsewhere? I think that would also fix the issue you mentioned in your last paragraph.
Yes, that would cause a few problems. Among them, you would no longer be able to access the receipt page. According to the membership database, the user record is not anonymous. But according to the interface, we have done nothing except create a temporary (anonymous) user account to track authentication. The user account is expired and cleared out in the same way as other anonymous users.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.