Is there a way in the admin side to see all products at once

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
SteveHiner
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Is there a way in the admin side to see all products at once

Post by SteveHiner » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:00 pm

I've looked all over the admin pages and maybe I've missed it but I would think there should be a way to see all products in one list regardless of the category they are in. Right now it looks like we'll have to memorize every category so we'll be able to find a product to edit it. Am I missing something?

My client was considering creating a new category called All Products and putting everything into that category in addition to their real categories. Then he'd mark that category as hidden so it doesn't show up in the category list for customers. That would give him one category that would show everything in his store. Is that a bad idea? Is there a downside that's going to bite us later if we do this?

One of the reasons he wanted to do this is because he found out during testing that there were a couple products with the same name but they were in different categories. There wasn't a good way for him to know they were actually different products. I had to look at the URLs to figure it out.

Thanks for any advice.
Steve

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Is there a way in the admin side to see all products at once

Post by mazhar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:24 am

Products can exist in multiple categories so you can mark some hidden category a parent for all. The other way to do this job is to write some custom code to show all store products. That would be any easy job. Try the following page. Extract and place the page in your Admin/Catalog/ folder and check it.

milstudy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by milstudy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:31 am

Or a quick and dirty way is:

go to Admin menu: Manage/Inventory.

Select a value for "Show stock levels at or below:" that is greater than the largest quantity of any product in your store and presto!, a list of all your products alphabetically. It won't show you which category the product is in, but it will show if there are near or exact duplicates.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

SteveHiner
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by SteveHiner » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Cool, Thanks guys!

mazhar: Thanks for the All Products page. I'll look that over and put it up on the site for my client to try.

Adrian: Thanks for the workaround. That's a great little hack for seeing everything. I don't think he's going to be using the inventory at all so I bet they'll all be zero at the moment.
Steve

Mike718NY
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by Mike718NY » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:22 pm

I want sort this list by Vendor.
I tried this but it still sorts it by Product Name:

<cb:SortedGridView ID="ProductsGrid" ...
<Columns>

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Vendor" SortExpression="VendorId">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="Vendor" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Vendor.Name") %>'></asp:Label>

<SelectParameters><asp:Parameter Name="sortExpression" Type="string" DefaultValue="VendorId" />

What do I need to change? thanks

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:09 am

Give a try by this code.

Code: Select all

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Admin/Catalog.master" AutoEventWireup="true"  Title="All Products" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="CommerceBuilder.Web" Namespace="CommerceBuilder.Web.UI.WebControls" TagPrefix="cb" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="Server">
            <div class="pageHeader">
	            <div class="caption">
                    <h1>
                        <asp:Localize ID="CategoryNameLabel" runat="server" Text="All Products " EnableViewState="false"></asp:Localize>
                    </h1>
	            </div>
            </div>
    <cb:SortedGridView ID="ProductsGrid" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowPaging="true"
        PageSize="20" Width="100%" SkinID="PagedList" DataSourceID="ProductDS" DefaultSortExpression="Name" DefaultSortDirection="Ascending" AllowSorting="true">
        <Columns>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="Name">
                <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                <ItemTemplate >
                    <asp:HyperLink ID="ProductLink" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Name") %>' NavigateUrl='<%#Eval("ProductId", "../Products/EditProduct.aspx?ProductId={0}")%>'></asp:HyperLink>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </asp:TemplateField>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Sku" SortExpression="Sku">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="Label0" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Sku", "{0}") %>'></asp:Label>
                </ItemTemplate>
             <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Vendor" SortExpression="VendorId">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="Vendor" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Vendor.Name") %>'></asp:Label>
                </ItemTemplate>
        </Columns>
        <EmptyDataTemplate>
            <div class="emptyResult">
                <asp:Label ID="EmptyResultsMessage" runat="server" Text="No Products Found"></asp:Label>
            </div>
        </EmptyDataTemplate>
    </cb:SortedGridView>
    <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ProductDs" runat="server" DataObjectTypeName="CommerceBuilder.Products.Product"
        OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" SelectMethod="LoadForStore" SortParameterName="sortExpression"
        TypeName="CommerceBuilder.Products.ProductDataSource" SelectCountMethod="CountForStore">
        <SelectParameters>
            <asp:Parameter Name="sortExpression" Type="string" DefaultValue="Name" />
        </SelectParameters>
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>
</asp:Content>