How are the Detail Pages created?

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

How are the Detail Pages created?

Post by RichWendrock » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:36 am

I need to change the background colors in the detail pages to match the other pages. How are the Detail Pages created? Which file must I change to affect the look of the page?

If you go to this link, you can see the left and right columns are dark gray.
http://216.139.230.62

I need the left column of the detail page to look the same.
http://216.139.230.62/SAE-10W30-MOTOR-OIL-PAIL-P16.aspx

Thanks Ahead of time for your help...
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: How are the Detail Pages created?

Post by mazhar » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:09 am

I need to change the background colors in the detail pages to match the other pages. How are the Detail Pages created? Which file must I change to affect the look of the page?
In order to change the product details page you need to modify the product details page scriptlet. For example if you are using the default product details page you need to change the show Product 1 scriptlet. You can edit scriptlet directly from store's product details page if you are logged as admin through CMS support at page bottom. Secondly you can access scriptlet from Merchant side under Administration > Website > Content and Layout

Most of styles are defined in css files so in order to change some font, background color etc you may also need to change your theme's css file as well.

William M
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by William M » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:05 am

mazhar wrote: Most of styles are defined in css files so in order to change some font, background color etc you may also need to change your theme's css file as well.
In general, when the scriplet and CSS don't match, which wins???

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:11 am

Inline styles(defined within scriptlet) will take precedence or you can define some css classes and then define your html within scriptlet using those classes.

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by RichWendrock » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 am

Thanks to all who replied...

You got me looking in the right places. I am new to AbleCommerce so sometimes the obvious is not so.

After reading the posts, I went into the Admin panel and accessed the website through the Store option. Once at the store, I drilled down to one of the detail pages. Once that page was displayed, I scrolled down and selected the Edit Page option. Now, in my case the detail page was not matching the home page and Category pages. Compare the settings for the Active Layout, Header, SideBar, Content, Sidebar 2 and Footer. Make these settings match the other pages and everything should look the same.

There are some tables within AbleCommerce that do not have IDs assigned to them. Rather than add individual style attributes to each of those tables, I recommend assigning an ID to the table and setup the style in the Template Styles.css file.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634