New category grid

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
DBounlom
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

New category grid

Post by DBounlom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:04 pm

If I made a new category grid by customizing categorygridpage4.ascx and categorygridpage4.ascx.cs and renamed them categorygridpage5.ascx and categorygridpage5.ascx.cs, respectively and I saved the new files to ~/Conlib/Custom, how do I get the new category grid to show in the drop down box of Administration > Website > Themes and Display Pages? Thanks.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: New category grid

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Hello,

Make a copy of categorygrid4.aspx with a new name of categorygrid5.aspx.

Then in the new file edit the following to specify your new control:

Code: Select all

<cb:ScriptletPart ID="CategoryGrid4" runat="server" Layout="Right Sidebar" Header="Standard Header" Content="Category Grid Page With Category Data" RightSidebar="Shopping Bar 1" Footer="Standard Footer" Title="Category Grid" AllowClose="False" AllowMinimize="false" />
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

cierra
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cierra » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 am

Could someone please update these instructions for AC7.07? I have 3 variations of the category list. They appear in the Editor Zone, but not in the Themes and Display Pages under the Display Page drop down. The problem I am experiencing is that if I choose the layout from the Editor Zone, it changes it for ALL my category lists. I need specific ones for specific categories and I see no way to set it for each individual one. It appears to be an all or nothing. I need to be able to set it at the category level for each individual category, but since it is not appearing in the drop down, I can't select it. The code above does not exist in my files, so I would appreciate feedback on how to do this.

Thanks!

cierra
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cierra » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:04 am

After hours of searching the forum - to anyone else having this issue, see this post: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=9795&p=58846 -- Mazhar's second from the last post.

Create a new file with the same name as the conlib you created and put it in the main directory of your website, it will then show up under Themes and you can select it, then select your customized display page. That will make it hold the display page for your theme without messing up all your other pages.