Vendor Notification

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Vendor Notification

Post by draneb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Hello,

I'm just checking to see if this is possible... I have always just used the one Vendor Notification email template but I have just added a new vendor and they are requiring some additional information (like my account number) be added to the email. Is it possible to have a Vendor Notification specifically for them?

I tried creating a new one with the additional information and added the keyword vendor to to the TO field but it sent that copy to the other vendors as well.

I have a feeling it's either going to be so easy I embarrass myself or not possible at all. :)

Thank you.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Vendor Notification

Post by mazhar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:55 am

The only way i can see this is possible to use single email template with two different content. For example you want to send some special format to one vendor while for other some different one. In your vendor notification one if/else statement will cover all contents like below

Code: Select all

#if(Vendor.Name=="SpecialVendor"
FULL CONTENTS OF SPECIAL EMAIL TEMPLATE
#else
FULL CONTENTS OF GENERAL EMAIL TEMPLATE
#end

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Mazhar,

Ohh if that is the case I really just need to add one line of information below my company name/address/phone#/email address.

Could you do something like this and if so what would be the proper way to code it...

#if(Vendor.Name=="Vendor Name")
Account #: xyz123
#end

I tried but got an error. Does Vendor.Name need a $ in front of it? Do you see any other errors there? You know I have very little programming skills. :(

Thank you!
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:21 am

Ohh I can see that I missed the $ symbol. There was at least one more mistake I missed the closing small bracket in if statement. Try following code

Code: Select all

#if($Vendor.Name=="vendor name")
Account #: xyz123
#end

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:12 am

I just use a different warehoue for different vendors with #acctnumber in the address itself. Just a thought...