Including an external file

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
aaronfrankel
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Including an external file

Post by aaronfrankel » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:52 pm

I am trying to include an external file to add content to an about us page. I am used to the typical include script from PHP, but not ASPX and found that the normal <!-- #include script for ASP is causing an error. Can someone tell me how to include an external file withing the AbleCommerce ASPX confines?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Icluding an external file

Post by mazhar » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 pm

The classic ASP scripts will not work in ASP.NET. Why don't you just try to open external webpage in some popup control on desired page? Have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13026

Raheel

Post by Raheel » Thu May 26, 2011 9:41 am

Hello Mazhar,

I also need to include local aspx files on most of the pages and am using version 7.0.6, can you please tell me if it is possible and how?

Thanks.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri May 27, 2011 5:27 am

Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

cierra
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cierra » Sun May 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Sorry, that article wasn't much help. We are trying to do our navigation bar in an include file so we don't have to stick all of our code in the header. If someone could please explain in layman's terms how to do this, we would appreciate it very much!

Raheel

Post by Raheel » Mon May 30, 2011 4:28 am

Hello!

Waiting for assistance.

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:56 am

cierra wrote:Sorry, that article wasn't much help. We are trying to do our navigation bar in an include file so we don't have to stick all of our code in the header. If someone could please explain in layman's terms how to do this, we would appreciate it very much!
Not sure how you are trying to do this. In ASP.NET world you don't use include files as you used to do in classic ASP. You can use an ASP.NET control. An ASP.NET control is fully contained in a separate file. It can be referred on any page you want. This will serve you the same way as if you included a file.