Unique Category Displaying

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
tgreer
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Unique Category Displaying

Post by tgreer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 pm

I am contemplating going with Ablecommerce but my question is this. I want to display a horizontal menu with three tabs (ex. Men, Women, Children...). Once I select the tab I want the categories specific to the selected tab to show up in the left sidebar navigation. Can this be done and if so please explain how. I tried creating three different left sidebar nav scriplets but when I edit the specific page (tab specific) each tab shows the same left sidebar navigation menu and not the one specific to each tab. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Unique Category Displaying

Post by plugables » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 am

When you select the tab do you go to a different page/url? If so what your are looking to do can be done without any custom code. However, if when you click on a tab you stay on the same page/url then what you want to achieve will require customization.

Assuming that you have different page for each tab(category) then whatever display you set for the individual category will work.

tgreer
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Unique Category Displaying

Post by tgreer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 am

Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks for your response. Yes, when I select the tab from the horizontal menu the left sidebar nav displays the correct resulting catergory list, however when I repeat the process for the remaining tabs i.e. the first and second tabs show the correct corresponding category list in the sidebar but the third tab inherits the results of the first tab even though each scriptlet is written specific to each tab. Additionally the address bar shows each tab specific to the select tab i.e. Mens.aspx, Womens.aspx and Children.aspx. I hope this explains more of what I am experiencing. I am looking to do something like the perfume sites like fragrancenet.com or perfume.com. Again, I really think this is the right cart for my needs but I have to know my category design intent is possible. Thanks again. I welcome any suggestions.