Where does the site store the scriptlet names?

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
kstevenson
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Where does the site store the scriptlet names?

Post by kstevenson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:29 am

I'm sure this question must have been asked and answered before and I apologize for asking again (couldn't find any reference): Where are the values stored that I select in the "Editor Zone" when editing a page? For example, I set up a copy of the scriptlet "Show Product 1.htm" as "CW Show Product 1.htm" in the App_Data\Scriptlets\Custom\Content folder and I am able to select that in the Editor Zone in the Content drop down and it's displayed correctly. I've been trying to find where this setting is stored, even ran a "grep" through the complete site and couldn't find any reference to "CW Show Product". I rummaged through the db and saw the table ac_PersonalizationPaths that might be a clue and the table ac_SharedPersonalization might be it but the data in the latter is binary.

Could somebody please enlighten me where the application puts this information? I just need this to close this gap in my understanding of the flow between the aspx files and the final display.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-- Karin
Karin Stevenson
CyberWolf, Inc.

kstevenson@cyberwolf.com
505-231-3130

dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Where does the site store the scriptlet names?

Post by dappy2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:24 am

It just pulls it from the file names in App_Data\Scriptlets\Custom\Content.

Nifty "feature": If you duplicated a scriplet like Show Product 1.htm and place it in your \custom\content\ folder without changing the file name - AbleCommerce will use that one over the default and you don't need to go selecting new content for every page. If something goes wrong it will default back to the default Able file.

kstevenson

Post by kstevenson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks for the reply dappy2 but that's not quite what I tried to find out. I know it pulls the list of names from the directories (default/custom). What I'm trying to figure out is where it stores it whatever I select in the dropdown, e.g., "CW Show Product.1" I checked the Product.aspx but that doesn't get updated. It still has the line:
<cb:ScriptletPart ID="ShowProduct" runat="server" Layout="Right Sidebar" Header="Standard Header" Content="Show Product 1" RightSidebar="Product Bar 1" Footer="Standard Footer" Title="Show Product" AllowClose="False" AllowMinimize="false" />

But the site correctly displays my "CW Show Product 1.htm". So, where is it getting that setting from?

Thanks

-- Karin

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:37 am

When you edit any page from edit screen, it stores its settings in database.

kstevenson

Post by kstevenson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks for confirming! That's what I suspected since I couldn't find the name of my scriptlet file in any setting. Any idea which table(s)?

Thanks a bunch!

-- Karin
Karin Stevenson
CyberWolf, Inc.

kstevenson@cyberwolf.com
505-231-3130

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:44 am

It stores its settings in database table 'ac_UserPersonalization' . So on each request able first look in 'ac_UserPersonalization', if not found in database then it uses settings from 'App_Data/Scriplet'.

kstevenson

Post by kstevenson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:58 am

I'm sorry I'm such a pest... my ac_UserPersonalization table is empty. Could it possibly be the ac_SharedPersonalization after all that I looked at before (which as the binary data for PageSettings) linked to the ac_PersonalizationPaths via FK of PersonalizatonPathId?

I *think* that is it but I wanted to confirm because the PageSettings are binary and I can't really see what's in there.

Thanks again,

-- Karin
Karin Stevenson
CyberWolf, Inc.

kstevenson@cyberwolf.com
505-231-3130

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 am

I think 'ac_UserPersonalization' is specific to user's settings and 'ac_SharedPersonalization' is specific to Application settings. In your case it should be 'ac_SharedPersonalization'.