How to replace default "add to cart" with an image

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
yaletowner
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

How to replace default "add to cart" with an image

Post by yaletowner » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:49 am

I'm trying to find how to replace the default "add to cart" on the product page that's currently a text with background color. Instead I'd like to change it to my own button that is an image.

Also can someone suggest how to completely remove "add to wishlist", from the product page - including name of files that need editing.

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: How to replace default "add to cart" with an image

Post by s_ismail » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:32 am

yaletowner wrote:I'm trying to find how to replace the default "add to cart" on the product page that's currently a text with background color. Instead I'd like to change it to my own button that is an image.

Also can someone suggest how to completely remove "add to wishlist", from the product page - including name of files that need editing.
Go to App_Themes/Your_Theme/style.skin and locate the following line

Code: Select all

<asp:Image runat="server" SkinId="BuyNowButton" ImageUrl="images/cart_btn2.gif" />
and replace its 'cart_btn2.gif' with your own image Like this

<asp:Image runat="server" SkinId="BuyNowButton" ImageUrl="images/Your_New_Image.gif" />

yaletowner
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by yaletowner » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:53 am

Thank you for this... So far this made a change in two places > The category display grid & Product search result page.

The Product Page still has the default "add to cart" text on a background. Can you point out how to change it to my own image in here.
And once on that page, how can I disable "add to wishlist" link completely.

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:18 am

yaletowner wrote: The Product Page still has the default "add to cart" text on a background. Can you point out how to change it to my own image in here.
Go to ConLib/BuyProductDialog.ascx and locate the following code

<asp:LinkButton ID="AddToBasketButton" runat="server" SkinID="Button" Visible="true" OnClick="AddToBasketButton_Click" Text="Add to Cart" EnableViewState="false" ValidationGroup="AddToBasket"></asp:LinkButton>
Replace with this code

<asp:ImageButton ID="AddToBasketButton" runat="server" SkinID="BuyNowButton" Visible="true" OnClick="AddToBasketButton_Click" EnableViewState="false" ValidationGroup="AddToBasket"></asp:ImageButton>
how can I disable "add to wishlist" link completely.
Go to ConLib/BuyProductDialog.ascx.cs and locate the following code

AddToWishlistButton.Visible = true
and comment out this line. like

//AddToWishlistButton.Visible = true

yaletowner
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by yaletowner » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:42 am

That did it - Thank You!

cierra
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cierra » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:41 pm

How would this work with this type of code:

<asp:Button ID="MultipleAddToBasketButton" runat="server" Text="Add to Cart" OnClick="MultipleAddToBasketButton_Click" ToolTip="Fill in the quantity and Click this to add multiple products to baskt." UseSubmitBehavior="false" />

I've tried what you have above, but it errors out

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:14 am

cierra wrote:How would this work with this type of code:

<asp:Button ID="MultipleAddToBasketButton" runat="server" Text="Add to Cart" OnClick="MultipleAddToBasketButton_Click" ToolTip="Fill in the quantity and Click this to add multiple products to baskt." UseSubmitBehavior="false" />

I've tried what you have above, but it errors out

Hello,
Above code will not work for you. Make Use of this code by replacing 'MultipleAddToBasketButton' button code

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
                function AddToCartImageClicked()
                {
                  document.getElementById('<%=MultipleAddToBasketButton.ClientID%>').onclick();
                } 
            </script>
                <asp:Button ID="MultipleAddToBasketButton" runat="server" Text="Add to Cart" style="display:none;" OnClick="MultipleAddToBasketButton_Click" ToolTip="Fill in the quantity and Click this to add multiple products to baskt." UseSubmitBehavior="false" />       
                <asp:Image ID="AddToCartImage" runat="server" SkinID="BuyNowButton"  AlternateText="Add To Cart" onclick="return AddToCartImageClicked();" /> 

cierra
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cierra » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:11 am

No, I am sorry, this does not work. Does not change out button, still the same one.

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:47 am

Are you using this code in 'CategoryGridPage3.ascx' Control or somewhere else?

cierra
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cierra » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 am

Yes, this is from vs 7.07, page: CategoryGridPage3.ascx and the code is:

<div align="center">
</div>

But these buttons -- <asp:Button type commands are throughout the site and we'd like to replace them with actual images. Our customers are generally older and not very computer literate. These text based buttons are too small and very easy to miss.

s_ismail
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by s_ismail » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:05 am

It is working properly on my side. I have uploaded this control. Give a try using this.

cierra
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by cierra » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:40 pm

So, with this code you are seeing an image for a button? The image set in your style skin page here: <asp:ImageButton runat="server" SkinId="BuyNowButton" ImageUrl="images/add_to_cart.png" ImageAlign="AbsMiddle" />?

I do not, I see the same button I had before that is generated from CSS with the text, not the image button I have set up in my style.skin page.

Richard47
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by Richard47 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:14 pm

I have figured out how to change the add to cart to an image button from above but I am having problems changing the add to wish list to an image button also anyone have any clues as to how I can do this.

Thanks
Richard