onepagecheckout Order Summary - Shipping

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
aaj
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

onepagecheckout Order Summary - Shipping

Post by aaj » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi

I have an issue, which I think is due to the way I have configured my store, can anyone help please?

We are very small and offer fixed price shipping on orders under £55.00, above this value, shipping is free. I have done this by creating a single, vary by cost, shipping method. However....

onepagecheckout at Point A
If my order is less than £55.00, at the first part of 'onepagecheckout' where it asks for billing information, the Order Summary box shows £0.00 even though it should show £3.50.

onepagecheckout at Point B
When I have entered the shipping address and clicked continue, at the point where it asks for card details, it then CORRECTLY, shows the shipping at £3.50.

I am convinced it is because at Point A, in a more complicated system the shipping method wouldn't yet have been selected and so the default value is £0.00. In a system with lots of different methods, this would be obvious to the customer.

Because on my store there is no shipping method for the customer to select, it is confusing, as at Point A they are shown shipping is free, then at Point B it shows the corrrect value.

Is there any way I can show the value shown at Point B at Point A

I hope that all makes sense.....

thanks in advance

Andy

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: onepagecheckout Order Summary - Shipping

Post by plugables » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:26 am

shipping charges are calculated after the system has 'shipping address' available.

What you can do is to custom code your display to show the fixed priced shipping cost instead of $0.0 when no shipping address has been provided yet.