Site width

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
windsurfer
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Site width

Post by windsurfer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:49 pm

I am using version 6.07
I have modified the ablecommerce template header to be aprox. 900px wide changed the left and right sidebars to 165 px and the outercontentpanel to 570px
Now when I display the page full screen everything looks okay but when I resize the page the header seems to stay in place and centered on the screen but the outercontentwrapper won’t stay centered on the screen and the left sidebar gets narrower.So now since the header stays centered on the page the main body stays the same distance from the left of the page and looks like it is shifted to the right of the header. Could you help me with this please ? My main objective is to center the entire site on the page at a width of about 1000px also if you notice at http://www.mysurplus.ca the image at the top on the main page with the lady in it will stay spread across the page when you resize the page, when I do this in ablecommerce the left and right sides of the image get cut off. I am trying to achieve the same effect as on this site http://www.mysurplus.ca
Your help is appreciated.

Update, got the problem solved !!!

mdickinson
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Site width

Post by mdickinson » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Great to see you got this problem solved. I was having the same problem when I first started working with able.

macromark

Re: Site width

Post by macromark » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 pm

OK, so how did you solve the problem? I'm having the exact same problem now.

thanks