Bulk Product Image Import

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
Raheel
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Bulk Product Image Import

Post by Raheel » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:39 am

Hi,

I imported my products from old site but product images are not being imported. I uploaded them to the folder "\Assets\ProductImages".

All product images are named as their SKU (like 2408.jpg for standard image and 2408_t.jpg for thumbnail) and there are over 3000 images. Is there a way to bulk import images to products?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Bulk Product Image Import

Post by mazhar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:49 am

Go to Administration > Website > Logo and Images and then enable Image Lookup. I think this may do what you are looking for.

Raheel

Post by Raheel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:58 am

Hello Mazhar,

Yes it did the magic, thanks!

motorcitysoccer
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by motorcitysoccer » Wed May 02, 2012 9:42 am

Hi,

I am having this same problem. I uploaded my photo's through ftp into the Assets\ProductImages, and I also have enabled image lookup but my images are still not showing. The only way I can get the image to show is to go into product edit and assign the image to that product. Any ideas?

motorcitysoccer
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by motorcitysoccer » Fri May 04, 2012 8:14 am

Hi, for anyone reading this I figured out the issue with my images. We had a special situation that most able customers would not run into. Our site has middlewear running on it to connect to our POS data database in our brick n mortor stores. The middlewear had special requirements for our images that I just didn't know about.
Any way ignore my post unless your site has middlewear and your images are not working then make sure your middlewear isn't interfering.