Featured Categories, Different Everyday

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
frankenstein897
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Featured Categories, Different Everyday

Post by frankenstein897 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:55 am

So, I know this would be custom. I also know that I haven't seen someone do it on this platform yet but, I am new to Able so someone might have, thus the reason I am asking. But on our current site (soon to be extinct) I wrote a featured categories module on the home page that rotated through a different set of featured categories 7 days a week (Monday - Sunday). Now, if you went to our site every Monday you would see the same thing. But, Monday was different from Tuesday and so on throughout the week. I have the general logic on how to do it but I am new to asp .Net and my old site was in PHP. I am wondering if someone had something similar so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I have seen lots of featured categories customizations that rotate through a set of categories but, not one like I am doing. In PHP I used code that referenced the day of the week and if it couldn't determine what day it was, else Saturday. Anyway, I am just curious if someone has seen something similar that rotates based on the day of the week.

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks,
Chris

http://www.networkcablesonline.com
Network Cables Online, LLC
Running AbleCommerce GOLD R6