Common Membership Provider

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
mgf
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Common Membership Provider

Post by mgf » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:34 am

I am using AC 7.0.7 Build: 14600 as a front-end system for purchasing an online web application. AC has its own Membership and Role provider. My online web app uses the standard Microsoft Membership and Role provider database and interface.

I would like single sign-on for both AC and the online web application. When a person logs into (or registers with) either application, they should be logged into the other app as well.

The best solution is to use the same Membership provider for both applications. For the roles, each application would use it own role provider (different from one another). Normally, this is managed from the web.config but this doesn’t work with AC. I am told I need to purchase the source code and customize AC.

How can a single login be created without requiring the AC source code? THX

dgoranov
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Common Membership Provider

Post by dgoranov » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Ablecommerce has own AbleCommerceMembershipProvider and AbleCommerceRoleProvider clases located in CommerceBuilder.Users namespace (CommerceBuilder.dll)

If the primary login dialog is on your web applicaiton (not the AbleCommerce login page) you can create a separate class as wrapper (Factory Class) which exposes the
AbleCommerce membership interface to your Web Application.

When a new user registers on your site fist call the existing asp.net membership API and then register the user with AbleCommerce using the class wrapper interface.
The same logic applies for Login and Logout part of the User class located in CommerceBuilder.Users namespace (CommerceBuilder.dll).

You can check the Login Dialog control code : conlib/LoginDialog.ascx.cs and use Reflector to explore all public interface methods in CommerceBuilder.Users namespace (CommerceBuilder.dll)

Hope this helps ...
Dimi Goranov
Drundo Software Inc.
AbleCommerce Hosting and Management
Email: dgoranov@drundo.com
Ph: 888.464.2140

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Common Membership Provider

Post by mazhar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 am

I don't see that you will need source code to do this work. AbleCommerce it self is making use of membership and role providers. All you need is to write a custom membership provider where you put your custom logic like mentioned by Dimi Goranov.