Kitting/Varients - select one overall

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
jessthib
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Kitting/Varients - select one overall

Post by jessthib » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 am

Hello!

I have tons of different color options for each of my products. I was wondering if there is a way to group them to make them more manageable for customers. For example we have different categories like solid colors (red, blue, green...), holiday (christmas trees, reindeer, ornaments...), and custom (photo, message...). I was hoping to have drop downs with the header of each as the category but I can't find a way to make it work. When I try using varients it makes it so the customer would have to pick one selection from each category... I would like them to only be allowed to pick one overall. When I try using kitting it makes it so the customer can still pick one from each category if they wanted to... is there a way to make them only pick one? I have no preference whether we use kitting or varients to accomplish this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

jessthib

Re: Kitting/Varients - select one overall

Post by jessthib » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 am

Since no one seems to have any suggestions, does any one know of someone I could contact for support? Maybe a programmer of some sort?

Thanks!!!

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 am

You want the customer to first select the color category then the color in that category?

jessthib

Post by jessthib » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am

That could work! Is there a way to let them do that?

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:09 am

This can be done but it will require enormous customization. They BuyProductDialog, one of the core and most complicated of the controls will have to be completely re-written. Logic of grouping the option choices could possibly be implemented using custom fields for option choices. Will need ability to specify option choice group in merchant admin when adding/editing option choices.